Under direct supervision, runs various bolt making machinery, operates fork truck (after safety training), packs and marks bins, loads steel coil and feeds into the machine, completes job production cards with accurate readable information. Learns to Set up and operate Bolt Makers and various cold heading equipment and make minor repairs.
- Be reliable and on-time, and be working at scheduled start time
- Attention to detail and mechanically inclined
- Use and read micrometers/tape measures to verify parts coming off of machine meet the dimensional tolerances
- Read and interpret dimensional drawings
- Verify steel heat numbers/grades
- Use the computer to enter data and clock in and out on jobs
- Be able to be on your feet entire work day, and lift heavy objects
- Maintain Safe workplace
- Interact/communicate with other departments (sales, QC, shipping, and operations)
- Pursue continuous learning & personal development
- Live core values DRIFT (Dedication Respect Initiative Focus Teamwork)
Growth in pay during and after the training period.
Connecting amazing structures Nationwide!
How we do it:
By adhering to strict core values, and continuing the heritage of our company as a premier USA manufacturer & distributor of top quality fasteners. Through hard work and experienced people, we are dedicated to exceeding customer needs by offering quick resolutions to keep projects on-time.
We get the D R I F T !
Our Core Values:
Dedication Going above and beyond for your team, your supervisor, SLSB, and the customer.
Respect Showing proper regard for our customers, employees, and vendors. Everyone should feel good about being part of SLSB and the job that each individual performs.
Initiative Not only recognizing the need to take action but taking action.
Focus Attention toward a particular purpose. To focus all efforts on the job at hand.
Teamwork Willingness, across all departments, to work together to achieve a common goal.
St. Louis Screw & Bolt is one of the longest operating bolt manufacturers in the United States and, in fact, the world. SLSB specializes in HEX HEAD BOLTS in A325 & A490 type I, III Hot Dip Galvanized, Mechanically Galvanized, Weathering and Plain Finish. We also custom manufacture Anchor Bolts, Tie Rod Assemblies, U-Bolts, Eye Bolts, and J-Bolts in diameters from 1/2′′ through 4′′ and up to 40 feet in length. Along with manufactured products, SLSB specializes in and has among the nations largest stock of TC bolts (tension shear) ASTM F2280/A490 & ASTM F1852/A325. SLSB also sells and services Wrenches for TC and Hex Bolts, along with stocking several different types of fasteners. Please check out our products for a more in-depth look.
We are members of several fastener industry associations including the Industrial Fastener Institute. At St. Louis Screw & Bolt we are always interested in what is going on in the Construction business which is why we are active members in the American Institute for Steel Construction (AISC) and many steel fabrication associations all over the country.