Cna Supervisor 7p to 7a
- Posted: over a month ago
Uptown Nursing Home located in old Charity School of Nursing Building. Is looking for a CNA supervisor
- Licensed CNA or LPN, with supervisory experience or equivalent
- High School graduate or equivalent. Associate’s or more advanced degree preferred.
- One year experience in a medical office, hospital, outpatient clinic, or other health care settings.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in navigating the internet in order to use multiple web-based programs.
- Intermediate typing skills
- Knowledge of office machines
- Excellent phone skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Be able to read, write and understand English.
- Organizational skills
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Supervise and coordinate activities of CNA’s
- Assess and respond to the needs of patients and families and ability to cope and make decisions as needed.
- Be available at all times during usual working hours, and may be available during off duty hours and if on call.
- Manage the day-to-day schedules for Aides. Schedules are created weekly, but are subject to many changes throughout the week.
- Ensures that the plan of care is executed as written and maintain up-to-date patient records.
- Ensures patients needs are met
- Evaluates the performance of the CNA’s
- Participate in the interview process for prospective CNA’s an
- Assigns staff for appropriate patient care while being fiscally conservative.
- Participate in orientation and in-service training programs for professional staff.
- Demonstrate familiarity with policies of the agency and rules and regulations of State and Federal bodies which aid in determining policies.
- Accepts other assignments as appropriate.
- Manages the private duty assignments for CNA’s and contributes to the development of this line of business
Contacts: Patients, families, physicians
Physical Demands: Physical exertion—walking, lifting up to 50 lbs,
Environmental Conditions: Exposed to infections, communicable diseases, odors, blood,
Working Conditions: Periods of stress—variable workloads and deadlines. Some evening work will be required. Exposed to terminally ill patients and their families.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
HealthcareView all jobs at St. Jude's