Position Summary: Provides medical and nursing services to clients. Assists clinical staff in monitoring residents and facility for safety and compliance with SJRC rules and regulations.
Education and Training: N.Y.S. Licensed Practical Nurse and CPR certified or Registered Nurse.
Experience and Knowledge: Knowledge of current medical/nursing skills consistent with the requirements of the NYS Education Department relevant to Licensed Practical or Registered Nursing. Knowledge of modern principles and practices of alcohol and chemical dependency programs and treatment services.
Physical Demands: No extraordinary physical demands required.
1. Provides nursing/medical services to clients.
2. Responds to medical emergencies including facilitation of transfer to hospital via rescue squad or SJRC van.
3. Responsible for medical/nursing keys during shift.
4. Adheres to Pharmacy Services Policy in its entirety, inclusive of controlled substance policy, procedures and monitor.
5. Documents medical information through clinical log book and email system.
6. Conducts and interprets comprehensive nursing assessments and mental status exam.
7. Reports and records any medical/nursing issues to senior medical staff to allow for accurate progress notes and revisions to the treatment plan.
8. Assists with the provision of education, risk education, counseling and referral services to all patients regarding HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis, sexually transmitted diseases, and other communicable diseases.
9. Assists with the education of residents and staff regarding psycho-tropic medications, potential side effects and related medical concerns.
10. Actively participates in meetings, committees and quality assurance activities.
11. Responsible for additional duties as may be assigned by the Senior Nurse.
Program innovation and evolution, responsiveness to the changing needs of our clients, and continuous quality improvements are hallmarks of our professional efforts, while our belief in the spiritual nature, inherent dignity and fundamental worth of each individual endure as our philosophy of healing.
St. Joseph's Treatment and Recovery Center
Why Work Here?Located in the historic healing community of Saranac Lake, New York, St. Joseph's Addiction Treatment & Recovery Centers provides hope and healing to individuals and their families suffering from addiction. Program innovation and evolution, responsiveness to the changing needs of our clients, and continuous quality improvements are hallmarks of our professional efforts, while our belief in the spiritual nature, inherent dignity and fundamental worth of each individual endure as our philosophy of healing.
Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Saranac Lake, NY