- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In this position you will act as a mentor demonstrating and teaching our student's life skills. Your example encouragement and dedication play a significant role in our student's educational, social, emotional, and physical development. This position is based in Chamberlain, South Dakota at the St. Joseph Indian School.
- located on campus with up to thirteen children at each location. This setting requires two caregivers per location to meet the day-to-day needs of the students that attend the program.
- Schedule is six days on (off during most school hours) and three days off.
- Attending scheduled meetings and training
- Maintaining a clean and organized environment
- Supervise students both inside and outside of work space
- Lead enrichment lessons
- Manage daily routines
- Daily Medication dispensing
- Paid summers off
- No daycare expenses - Your children stay with you while you work.
- Many extras and expenses are covered while you work. this includes meals for you and your family, laundry, access to a fitness center/indoor pool, and more.
- Opportunities to make additional money by picking up shifts and working breaks.
St. Joseph’s Indian School, an apostolate of the Congregation of the Priests of the Sacred Heart, partners with Native American children and families to educate for life—mind, body, heart, and spirit.
Welcome to St. Joseph’s Indian School!
St. Joseph’s Indian School began operation in 1927 and today continues to offer a safe place to get an education for Native American children in grades 1-12.
Working at St. Joseph’s is unlike any other career experience—it’s a position that requires great dedication and energy as well as an enormous capacity for sharing and caring. Our mission statement represents our core beliefs.
Because some of our students come from less than ideal environments, our screening process is extensive. As you will discover, we ask more in-depth questions than traditional organizations would otherwise ask in the hiring process. We thank you for your interest in working with our Lakota children.
Wakan Tanka kici un – may God Bless you!
(An Equal Opportunity Employer)
St. Joseph's Indian School
SpiritualView all jobs at St. Joseph's Indian School