Under the direction of the Executive Director or Site
Manager, has responsibility for the training and direct supervision of staff in
the Medical Office / Clinical Services Departments.
Essential Values-Based, Leadership andManagement Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values thatare the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achievethe Mission of the St. Joseph Health System.
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communicationand interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuousimprovement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence incustomer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in communityorientation and stewardship.
(As defined on the attached Values-BasedCompetency Model Form.)
- Oversees the functions of the Medical Practice(s).(25%)
- Provides clinical guidance, guidance and assistance to other SJHMGsites. (5%) Recruits, selects, trains, disciplines, discharges and developssupervisors and staff competent to achieve corporate goals and objectives. (5%)
- Implements and maintains educationalprograms to ensure proper training of all personnel to develop individualskills and talents. Seeks available outside workshops and seminars inaccordance with group policy to further develop skills of supervisors andstaff. (5%)
- Develops goals and objectives for boththe department and individual employees and formulates methods for employees,individually and as a department, to obtain those goals. Provides staff withstandards of performance, informs them of job expectations and evaluates theirperformance. (5%)
- Maintains current knowledge of Scope ofPractice for clinical staff. (3%)
- Maintains a working knowledge of all SJHMGclinical policies, procedures and equipment needs. (5%)
- Develops and maintains policies andprocedures for continued success in the department. (5%)
- Participates in the preparation ofbudgets and consistently demonstrates efficient use of time and resourceswithin budget parameters. Actively participates in identification andimplementation of cost saving strategies. Reports budget variances to theExecutive Director. (5%)
- Consults with providers and works withsupervisors to anticipate and meet patient needs. (5%)
- Communicates and interacts effectivelywith supervisors, managers, directors and administration to resolveinterdepartmental issues. Identifies problems within the department, analyzesand resolves with appropriate action. Attendsvarious meetings as appropriate and contributes ideas for improving efficiency,productivity, and patient satisfaction. Is an active participant on variouscommittees as assigned. (6%)
- Works with department personnel to plan,develop and implement new processes. (5%)
- Conducts staff meetings, assuring policyand procedures are adhered to and when necessary, modified to address changingstrategic objectives. Facilitates effective communication with department staffrelative to St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare objectives. (5%)
- Coordinates nursingstaff for community events, such as blood drives, health fairs, flu vaccineclinics, etc. (2%)
- Oversees theprocurement of supplies and equipment. (10%)
- Implements AEMRmodules as they become available. Oversees the audit process of charting anddocumenting in AEMR. (2%)
- Works withsupervisors and staff to ensures that all nursing licenses and certificates(CPR, etc) are active and that a current copy is on file. (2%)
- Performaall other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Human development knowledge/skills:
the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of
the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and
development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for infant (0-1
year), child (1-5 years), school age (6-12 years), adolescent (13-17 years),
young adult (18-45 years), middle adult (46-60 years), older adult (60+ years).
- Age-specific patient needs that employeeis required to understand and meet:
the ability to assess and interpret age appropriate data about the patient's
status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
- Additional requirements:
age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
knowledge of age-specific community resources.
Information Management: Treats
all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality
Risk Management: Cooperates
fully in all risk management activities and investigations .
Safety Requirements: Is knowledgeable of, observes and
complies with Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
RN Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- 1-3 years Ambulatory Care background
- 1-3 years management experience
- Current CA RN Licensure
- Active BLS Certificate
- ONS Certification (Cancer and InfusionCenter Position)
Computer Skills :
Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, and an email
Knowledge / Skills /Abilities:
- Must have current knowledge andabilities to effectively apply principle skills in the clinical area.
- Have strong interpersonal andorganizational skills to achieve desired goals and objectives
- Effectivedocumentation skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work undergeneral supervision with a professional and mature demeanor.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paceddepartment and handle multiple tasks, with interruptions, and deal effectivelywith confidential information.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
BSN or MSN
- 5-7 years experience in an Ambulatory Careor similar setting
- Power Point
- Prefer bilingual English/Spanishcommunication skills.
May include exposure to potentially hazardous material, infectious agents,
contact with patients, public and staff.
Physical Requirements: Sitting
for long periods of time, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling,
pushing/pulling, lifting/carrying up to 15 lbs., and grasping.
St. Joseph Health - Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Health - Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Health Care