Responsible for the observation of cardiac / hemodynamic monitors and patient activity on a video monitors if applicable. Reports any unusual activity to nurse or charge nurse. Documents according to unit policy. If applicable to unit, performs stat EKG's as needed.
1. Provides observation of cardiac monitors to maintain consistent knowledge of any changes in monitor patterns and any potential lethal or dangerous dysrhythmias. Does not leave monitors unattended.
2. Records, documents, and files rhythm strips according to policy and procedure in an accurate, legible, and timely manner in the medical record.
3. Communicates patient safety issues, and problems, broken equipment, etc. to charge nurse, patient care nurse, and/or nurse manager.
4. Admits and discharges patients into the monitor bank expediently upon admission or discharge and assigns telemetry boxes if on a telemetry unit in an efficient and timely manner.
5. Answers phones and patient call system if applicable to the unit in a courteous and professional manner.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
High School diploma or equivalent.
Successful completion of cardiac dysrhythmia course or monitor technician course. Proficient in cardiac dysrhythmia detection. Able to pass the hospital dysrhythmia and EKG test with 84% or above.
License / Certification:
Previous acute care monitor technician experience
12hr shift; Full Time/Night
Differentials offered for evenings, weekends, and holidays
Covenant Health is celebrating nearly 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.For nearly 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds: Covenant Medical Center - CMC Covenant Children's Covenant Specialty Covenant Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant Health Partners Hospice of LubbockCovenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as "on call, per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: EKG and Monitor Techs