Residential Supervisor for 3rd Shift (Retention Bonus)
St. Joseph Children's Home Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we?
St. Joseph Children’s Home, located in the St. Matthews area of Louisville, has evolved throughout the years to become a multi-faceted, child caring nonprofit licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky with the mission of “Giving Children a Home.”
St. Joe’s is no longer home to “orphans” but rather, children who have been removed from their homes because they have experienced severe abuse and neglect. St. Joe’s has consistently adapted to the needs of the community and now serves children and families across three core programs: Residential Treatment Program, Therapeutic Foster Care and Adoption program, and the Child Development Center.
St. Joe’s serves children in all counties of Kentucky, regardless of nationality, sexual orientation, race, or creed. Since 1849, St. Joe’s has provided a safe and loving home to over 75,000 boys and girls. We will not quit until every child has a family!
We offer the following competitive benefits to our valued employees:
- Pay: $19.79 per hour
- $500 Retention Bonus, payable upon 90 days of satisfactory service
- Double Pay for Overtime
- Flexible Schedules
- Full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K/403b Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Child Care Discount
What do we need?
As a Residential Supervisor, you'll assume prime responsibility for supervision of Residential Youth Workers within their assigned cottage. Operates in accordance with agency policy/procedure to provide and oversee a therapeutic milieu, thus ensuring the health and safety of children in care and the implementation of the child caring program under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer.
More specifically, the candidate chosen for this role:
- Assumes full responsibility for the operation, administration, and functioning of their assigned Cottage (Work is done under supervision, but advice and assistance are not always readily available. Decisions and actions on difficult problems are subject to approval beforehand).
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work and performance of the Residential Youth Workers assigned to the Cottage.
- Assures the implementation and monitoring of the program goals according to agency policy and procedure.
- Assures each child’s treatment plan is properly implemented.
- Provides an ongoing collaborative environment among residential personnel to meet daily operating needs.
- Implements the child caring program by providing a therapeutic milieu. Responds to staff and clients' needs with fairness, objectivity, firmness, care and concern. Observes behavioral and emotional climate within the group and with each individual staff and client and responds appropriately. Provides input into client's treatment plans and goals. Communicates with members of the treatment team in a timely and accurate manner about pertinent issues and updates concerning the client's progress and treatment needs.
- Supervises and assists the Cottage staff in fulfilling daily expectations of treatment goals and basic needs.
- Is responsible for the physical upkeep of the Cottages by reporting needed repairs and maintaining an atmosphere of cleanliness and order.
- Completes Medication Distribution Training.
- Is responsible for supervising and monitoring the Residential Youth Workers to provide and oversee a therapeutic milieu within the cottage setting, and helps coordinate activities and schedules with all components of the treatment program. Assists transportation staff with coordinating transportation of children to necessary appointments. Supervises and assists Residential Youth Workers in fulfillment of daily and weekly expectations, e.g., basic hygiene, basic nutrition, housekeeping, proper attire, proper care of clothing and property, timeliness.
- Keeps current on residents' individual treatment plans; supports each staff member in making sure that the individual resident can achieve the implementation of his/her treatment goals.
- Oversees, monitors, and supervises residential counseling staff to make sure they record significant behavior (positive and negative) in the resident's log, dating and signing all entries with full name.
- Oversees, monitors, and supervises all Residential Youth Workers to make sure they provide for physical safety of residents by observing fire and health regulations, maintain security of all medical supplies, and provide secure, supportive atmosphere.
- Oversees any/all environmental issues that may occur in the facility where residents may live or play to ensure a safe, secure living environment (proper completion of work orders, regular audits of living areas in a timely manner, timely completion of daily meal count sheets, etc.).
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of new hires for their cottage as openings occur. Actively work on retaining well qualified staff.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work schedule as the needs of the cottage dictate.
- Coaches, supervises and trains new staff assigned to their cottage.
- Facilitates communication among the Residential Youth Workers and assist them in resolving conflicts. Acts as a role model, e.g., in appearance, interactions, language, etc. Possesses the ability to remain calm and composed during stressful situations.
- Participates in treatment planning sessions and the implementation of treatment goals for each child in their cottage’s residential program.
- Handles emergencies and other difficult situations according to policies, procedures, and training. Monitors and facilitates the proper completion of documentation/paperwork in all case record files, allowances, activities, purchase orders, maintenance work orders, etc. according to policies and procedures. Perform On-Call responsibilities while on campus.
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff cottage meetings at least once a month to assure that proper and accurate lines of communication are in place between the residential staff, administration, and clinical services. Documents in writing the discussion that takes place as a result of the meetings including attendance, outcomes of the meeting, concerns of staff, etc.
- Performs competently in crisis management and maintain certification in SCM as a certified trainer. Utilizes these skills as needed to assure the safety of the individual clients and that staff are properly trained.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in a related field preferred.
- Experience preferred in providing appropriate care to clients, winning their respect, guiding clients in their development, managing a home effectively, and in the participation, management, and implementation of a treatment program.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must become certified in CPR, First Aid, Safe Crisis Management, and Defensive Driver’s training.
- Valid and current driver’s license with insurable driving record required in order to assist in transporting clients when necessary.
Powered by JazzHR
St. Joseph Children's Home
Personal CareView all jobs at St. Joseph Children's Home