Hybrid Shift, Youth Worker (Retention Bonus)
St. Joseph Children's Home Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we?
St. Joseph Children’s Home, located in the St. Matthews area of Louisville, has evolved throughout the years to become a multi-faceted, child caring nonprofit licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky with the mission of “Giving Children a Home.”
St. Joe’s is no longer home to “orphans” but rather, children who have been removed from their homes because they have experienced severe abuse and neglect. St. Joe’s has consistently adapted to the needs of the community and now serves children and families across three core programs: Residential Treatment Program, Therapeutic Foster Care and Adoption program, and the Child Development Center.
St. Joe’s serves children in all counties of Kentucky, regardless of nationality, sexual orientation, race, or creed. Since 1849, St. Joe’s has provided a safe and loving home to over 75,000 boys and girls. We will not quit until every child has a family!
We offer the following competitive benefits to our valued employees:
- FLEXIBLE SHIFTS/HOURS: This schedule may include a combination of double shifts during daytime as well as evening hours, both on weekdays as well as Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Pay: $16.50 per hour
- $500 Retention Bonus, payable upon 90 days of satisfactory service
- Double Pay for Overtime
- Full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K/403b Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Child Care Discount
What do we need?
As a St. Joe's Residential Youth Worker, you'll be responsible for providing a therapeutic milieu, ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of clients in care, and the implementation of the treatment program.
More specifically, the candidate chosen for this role:
- Implements the child caring program by providing a therapeutic milieu. Responds to clients' needs with fairness, objectivity, firmness, care, and concern. Observes behavioral and emotional climate within the group and with each individual client and respond appropriately.
- Ensures the health and safety of clients in care.
- Provides input into client's treatment plans and goals. Communicates with members of the treatment team in a timely and accurate manner about pertinent issues and updates concerning the client's progress or treatment needs.
- Supervises and assists residents in fulfilling daily expectations of treatment goals and basic needs. Teaches clients basic life skills such as housekeeping, hygiene, personal appearance, etc. Supervises clients during activities such as chores, studying, recreation, leisure activities, and bedtime routine.
- Provides thorough documentation of each client and of each days' events. Communicates in written and verbal form in a timely and accurate manner with coworkers to ensure consistent treatment interventions for the clients. Accurately documents significant behaviors during shifts.
- Administers medication as prescribed and keeps accurate records in the log. Follows policies and procedures related to medication for clients.
- Performs competently in crisis management and maintains certification in SCM. Utilizes these skills as needed to assure the safety of the individual clients.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
- Shares responsibility for the physical upkeep of the cottages by reporting needed repairs, and maintaining an atmosphere of cleanliness and order.
- Is responsible for obtaining forty (40) clock hours of required staff development/training as set forth by St. Joseph Children’s Home Policy and Procedures, by COA, and the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Sixteen hours of which must be successfully completed in Safe Crisis Management. Must implement and use the tools acquired during education sessions.
- Receives and completes required training involving medication distribution.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Experience preferred in providing appropriate care to clients, winning their respect, guiding clients in their development, managing a home effectively, and in the participation, management, and implementation of a treatment program.
- Due to residential clients currently participating in Non-Traditional Instruction, experience in a school setting is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Driver's license with insurable driving record required.
- Must become certified in:
- First Aid
- Safe Crisis Management
- Standing for up to eight (8) hours.
- Reaching above the shoulder level.
- Bending at the waist.
- Lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling 50 max pounds.
- Repetitive kneeling movements to and from the floor.
- Sustained kneeling position for up to 10 minutes.
- Supporting another participant/client's body weight.
Powered by JazzHR
St. Joseph Children's Home
Personal CareView all jobs at St. Joseph Children's Home