Accounting Specialist I (HIRING NOW)
St. Joseph Children's Home Louisville, KY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we?
St. Joseph Children’s Home, located in the St. Matthews area of Louisville, has evolved throughout the years to become a multi-faceted, child caring nonprofit licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky with the mission of “Giving Children a Home.”
St. Joe’s is no longer home to “orphans” but rather, children who have been removed from their homes because they have experienced severe abuse and neglect. St. Joe’s has consistently adapted to the needs of the community and now serves children and families across three core programs: Residential Treatment Program, Therapeutic Foster Care and Adoption program, and the Child Development Center.
St. Joe’s serves children in all counties of Kentucky, regardless of nationality, sexual orientation, race, or creed. Since 1849, St. Joe’s has provided a safe and loving home to over 75,000 boys and girls. We will not quit until every child has a family!
We offer the following competitive benefits to our valued employees:
- Starting pay for this position: $17.00 per hour
- Full benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K/403b Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Child Care Discount
What do we need?
As a St. Joe's Accounting Specialist I, you will be responsible for the general accounting duties of St. Joseph Children’s Home including accounts receivable, record tracking, and reconciliations under the direct supervision of Chief Finance Officer.
More specifically, the candidate chosen for this role:
- Processes and manages all agency program billing, including Child Development Center, Residential, Foster Care and Behavioral Health Services including posting to accounting program.
- Posts daily deposits for all cash accounts and payroll transactions to the accounting program.
- Assists with annual audit and other Finance projects as directed.
- Assists with Finance responsibilities surrounding annual picnic and fund-raisers.
- Maintains various spreadsheets, tracking and records, reconciling census and revenue accounts.
- Cross trains and acts as the backup for other Finance task, including internal fraud audits.
- Acts as a member of the Wellness Team member and assists with program needs as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Accounting or Business.
- 3-5 Years Accounting or Finance experience preferred.
- Experience with the following programs:
- Experience in Medical and Insurance billing for Behavioral Health preferred.
Powered by JazzHR
St. Joseph Children's Home
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at St. Joseph Children's Home