The purpose of the Behavioral Health Tech is to assist in providing a safe environment for individuals while they are in the detox unit. The Behavioral Health Tech is the liaison between the patient, nursing, and the clinical staff to report any changes in the patient’s physical or mental condition. The Behavioral Health Tech is responsible for supervising patients during the detoxification and recovery program with emphasis on patient safety and well-being.
· General knowledge of health complications.
· General knowledge of 12-Step Recovery Program.
· Knowledge and competency in problem-solving, stress management, ethics, and team building.
· General knowledge of alcohol and other drugs that includes:
· Alcohol and addictive drugs and their impact on the family.
· Ability to determine if a medical emergency exists and to take action when needed.
Values Skills & Competencies
1. Maintain an acceptable overall attendance.
2. Promote a favorable/positive work atmosphere.
3. Seek out learning experiences and incorporates new knowledge into practice.
4. Perform all other tasks as assigned by the supervisor, as needed.
5. Ability to conduct information gathering, and analysis.
6. Proven experience identifying critical issues, formulating options and presenting conclusions.
7. Have an understanding of peace operations in conflict and post-conflict environments.
8. Demonstrates the ability to build and maintain interpersonal relationships in a staff/client integrated setting.
9. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of the assigned subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
10. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
11. Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
12. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately.
13. Asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
14. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience.
15. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
16. Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
17. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
18. Places team agenda before personal agenda.
19. Supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
20. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Other Position Requirements
MUST have a flexible schedule
MUST have a clean background and driving record
MUST have reliable transportation
MUST be able to work all shifts
To find out more about our growing facility, please visit www.sjrp.com.
Serious inquiries only.