The Human Resources (HR) Associate is coachable, collaborative, conciliatory, and approachable as a visible member of the HR team. Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Associate supports SJCS by administering a variety of human resources activities and programs including those related to recruitment, staffing, compensation, benefits, training, HRIS, employee engagement, workplace safety, and risk management.
· Manage HR team voicemail and inbox, ensuring timely response and resolution to inquiries; retrieve, sort, distribute, and track HR team mail.
· Facilitate administrative and tracking tasks for HR team including HR team calendar, family medical leave requests, return to work notices, changes in status, disability claims, leaves of absences, and personnel action forms.
· Coordinate HR team travel.
· Support staff and manager HRIS access and date entry; maintain payroll information by designing and implementing tracking systems; facilitate the collection and entering of data in HRIS; enter benefit deductions into HRIS.
· Audit bi-weekly payroll to ensure pay accuracy with staffing and benefit changes.
· Provide ad hoc HRIS trainings to managers and staff.
· Support SJCS training and staff development activities, collaborating with Creative Marketing Director to develop materials.
· Process HR team orders including food, supply, special events (i.e. new hire orientations, annual Open Enrollment, retreats, etc.), and coordinate conference room reservations.
· Process invoices for HR team.
· Process credit card reconciliations and reimbursements for HR team.
· Administer programs and activities that enhance employee engagement and satisfaction; distribute staff ID cards.
· Support organization wide recruitment efforts, analyze success of recruitment outreach activities and explore new ways to promote our career opportunities.
· Support regulatory compliance adhesion with applicable local, state, and federal requirements and laws, and assist with general HR compliance concerns as requested.
· Ensure relevant branding of HR team materials and presentations.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned.
· Serve as HRIS internal expert and resource, ensure integrity of HRIS system, and support ongoing upkeep and maintenance of system data.
· Provide support to staff on HRIS system, processes, and content.
· Secure or develop training for staff on use of various HRIS modules, promoting functionality of HRIS internally.
· Support identification of system improvements that will achieve paperless HR with maximum automation and leverage of technology and digital file storage.
· Support enhancement of HRIS workflows and employee interfaces to maximize employee experience.
· Use HRIS to generate and analyze hiring trends, retention, and attrition.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong working knowledge of databases, preferably ADP WorkForce Now and SalesForce.
2. Ability to demonstrate technical skills and expertise.
3. Solutions oriented and able to meet deadlines with quality work.
4. Ability to develop and maintain positive professional relationships internally and externally.
5. Ability to organize and prioritize work while providing excellent customer service and related research.
6. Ability to travel domestically within the continental US.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, social sciences, business, or related field required.
2. 3+ years of human resources, administrative, and/or operations experience required; in traditional office setting preferred.
3. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
4. Prior work experience in non-profit or mission driven environment preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls.