NextGen Family Ministries Coordinator - St. James UMC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $40,000 to $50,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision,
The purpose of the NextGen Family Ministries Coordinator position is to help youth become disciples of Jesus Christ through spiritual formation activities. The coordinator will also be responsible for equipping and training parents to be the spiritual leaders of their children. In order to make disciples for Jesus Christ, the NextGen Family Ministries Coordinator will organize, systemize and implement biblically-based experiential learning, service, and fellowship opportunities for children and youth ages birth-18, and their families within St. James UMC and in the larger Blue Hills community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Youth Coordinator will serve as the primary visionary for the NextGen Ministries. The NextGen Family Ministries Coordinator is the principal organizer, administrator, and manager of all NextGen Ministry activities. The ministries the coordinator will be responsible for include but are not limited to: NextGen bible study, Sunday school, VBS, Confirmation, Growth Groups, and Methodist Connectional events. The coordinator is responsible for the development, administration, supervision, and leadership of ministry programs for children, youth, and families in the areas of Christian education, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Organize events including mission trips, service projects, retreats, and fun activities for youth and families
- Manage regular bi-monthly and as needed communication with parents and caregivers using a variety of technology and social media
- Know the names of parents and their youth
- Offer quarterly parent workshops
- Arrange for guest speakers
- Arrange for small group mentoring opportunities
- Recommend curriculum for children, youth and parent spiritual development
- Facilitate the development of strong healthy peer to peer relationships for children, youth, and families
- Submit, budgets, calendars, reimbursements in a timely manner and in accordance with Church policies.
- Identify, recruit, train, and manage NextGen staff and volunteers
- Create a system using the church database for receiving, interpreting and reporting program feedback
The NextGen Family Ministries Coordinator will be attentive to the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the congregation and in the community to determine how the congregation might serve youth and their families and how the youth might serve one another as Christian disciples.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Work creatively, think strategically, and move ministries forward
- Possess exceptional planning, administrative, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Exhibit strong collaboration skills
- Practice team-based leadership and exhibit strong relational skills with people of all ages and situations
- Maintain familiarity with current Christian education and spiritual development curriculum for children and youth of all ages.
- Possess working knowledge of various social media platforms for communication with youth, families, and the broader St. James UMC community.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of human development with appropriate attention to challenges and safety including an ability to integrate new human development concepts, as appropriate into NextGen programs.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Commitment to the Christian faith and teachings
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- A Bachelor’s degree in religious studies, social work, counseling, family therapy, or education preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related experience required
- M.Div. with an emphasis on Pastoral Care is a plus
The position is a full-time 40 hours per week position. The position does require the Coordinator to be able to work some evenings and weekends, outdoors, with challenging clients, at the church and in the community.
The Coordinator is required to stand for extended periods of time, and lift heavy objects on a regular basis.
The Next Gen Family Ministries Coordinator will be responsible for the direct supervision of NextGen staff and volunteers.
St. James United Methodist Church
5540 Wayne AveKansas City, MO
HealthcareView all jobs at St. James United Methodist Church