Veterinary Clinic Scheduler
- $17 Hourly
Under the direction of the Clinic Supervisor and Medical Services Manager, assist in the scheduling, drop off and pick up of surgery animals, exams and any other medical needs of the shelter. Provide excellent service to all clients. Work independently to ensure timely, quality medical care for all animals in the shelter. This position is based in the medical department at St. Hubert’s Madison location but flexibility to work at other locations may occasionally be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop scheduling parameters to ensure all patients receive timely quality care, accommodate caseloads and ensure client needs are being met.
- Seek client feedback and address client complaints.
- Handle client’s medical questions with confidence and direct to veterinarian when appropriate.
- Explain to clients the necessary follow-up and home care instructions.
- Check clinic voicemail and return calls. Work with direct supervisors on navigating anything that requires leadership input.
- Supervise proper documentation and review all financial transactions, including adoption fees and in-kind donations, ensure handling of all Clinic revenues.
- Coordinates care by in-house clinic/veterinarian and/or outside veterinary care, managing coordination of services and communications with clients including shelter managers, foster homes, caretakers, other agencies, and private owners.
- Ensure all records are thorough and updated in a timely fashion.
- Oversee and seek to continuously improve the financial health of the clinic including purchasing supplies, veterinary services optimization, auditing transactions, and reviewing financial data.
- Ensure compliance with drug logs, regulatory and OSHA regulations and maintain organization and cleanliness within the facility.
- Help manage medical inventory and ordering.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing efforts, e.g., feral cat sterilization initiatives.
- Address any personnel, client, patient, or facilities issues as they arise and serve as a “go to” for problem solving.
- Understand all vaccination protocols and be able to explain St. Hubert’s protocols to clients.
- Reviews animal records daily to ensure that all medical or treatment records are up to date and accurate, including computer data entry.
- Complete the adoption paperwork for the animals on Foster to Adopt animals.
- Assists with the medical care of animals in our Foster, Outreach, TNR and Foster to Adopt programs.
- Prepare medications and fill out med sheets as needed, assist clinic staff as needed.
- Responsible for infection rate control by tracking and making sure follow up sheets are filled out for all locations and shelter partners.
- Properly record all drug activity, DEA logs, and statistics, as required by law and St. Hubert’s policy.
- Assist in the documentation of cruelty cases.
- Cleaning of medical areas, equipment, kennels, and cages as needed.
- Always represent St. Hubert’s in a professional and courteous manner. Provide quality service to the public, volunteers, and employees recognizing their individual contributions to the success of the organization.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Knowledge of basic Veterinary terminology.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Highly motivated and creative with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future clients.
- Ability to interact with animals in a calm, non-threatening manner.
- Able to work well under pressure, in emotionally charged situations and handle confrontation politely and professionally while finding a solution.
- Ability to positively interact with colleagues, coworkers, and community members from widely varied backgrounds with integrity and honesty throughout all facets of the position, always maintaining confidentiality.
- Willingness to work as a team member, pitch in as needed and have fun.
- Familiarity with dog and cat breeds, animal descriptions, animal control, wildlife, TNR and low cost spay/neuter.
- Available for the possibility of being deployed out-of-state for natural/manmade disasters.
- Basic familiarity with computers, MS Word, Outlook, & Office knowledge, and phone literacy.
- Passion for St. Hubert’s mission, and for caring for all animals regardless of age, breed, temperament, or species, and supporting and educating members of the public, free of judgment or bias.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to be comfortable working with cats, dogs, small animals, reptiles, fish, and wildlife.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity daily, including but not limited to lifting and carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, and bending. Regularly moves about the facilities to coordinate work.
- Due to the nature of shelter work, may be exposed to deceased, fractious, or aggressive animals; common allergens; hostile or irate persons; zoonotic or other diseases; unpleasant noises, odors, or sights; and extreme temperatures.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working in shelters preferred but not required.
Salary premium may be offered for multilingual candidates proficient in Spanish, French, and Mandarin.
St. Hubert's is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, citizenship status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them.
St. Hubert's Animal Welfare CenterMadison, NJ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.