St. Croix Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a casual Lab Assistant I to fill in for regular staff when out sick or on vacation. The Laboratory Assistant I performs phlebotomy and specimen collection, waived testing in areas where competent, and EKGs. Working shifts include days and evenings totaling less than 20 hours per week.
Lab Assistant I Essential Duties:
- Perform laboratory duties with minimal supervision to care for a diverse population of patients of all ages
- Collect and accurately label specimens for laboratory testing
- Accurately process orders and specimens for testing or referral
- Performs EKGs
- Performs waived testing in areas where competent
Qualifications of a Lab Assistant I:
Education & Licensure:
- High school graduate
- Certified Phlebotomist or Certified Medical Assistant with phlebotomy training preferred
- Previous phlebotomy experience preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good customer service skills
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of tests being performed and ability to complete testing accurately
- Exhibitswillingness forteamwork
St. Croix Regional Medical Center has been a healing force in the St. Croix Valley since 1919. Our traditions hold true today, we remain dedicated to the vision of building a healthier community. We continue the strong tradition of quality medicine with a focus on compassionate care through our 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and 5 clinic locations. Our goal is for every patient and visitor to have a positive experience. We want everybody to leave our facilities knowing they or their loved ones received the best care possible.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is a non-profit health care network that provides an array of high quality services at our facilities in St. Croix Falls (clinic and critical access hospital), Balsam Lake, Frederic and Webster, WI along with a clinic in Lindstrom, MN. Our main campus is located in St. Croix Falls, WI, just an hour northeast of Minneapolis/ St. Paul. Nestled in the bluffs of the St. Croix River Valley, St. Croix Falls is the ideal place to work, live and play.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center (SCRMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro