Certified Pharmacy Technician - Hospital
- Posted: over a month ago
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a casual Certified Hospital Pharmacy Technician. Hours for this position would be scheduled on an as needed basis during the day.
The Certified Hospital Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacists in preparing and distributing drugs, maintaining the drug inventory and maintenance of records. Pharmacy Technicians work only under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a Registered Pharmacist.
Certified Hospital Pharmacy Technician Essential Duties:
- Completes IV admixture while understanding and complying with all principles of aseptic technique and 797 standards.
- Stocks medication in department and outside department to floor stock and pyxis units.
- Reviews and places all medication related charges on the patient bill.
- Performs the work of a retail Pharmacy Technician: filling prescriptions, processing insurance, maintaining stock, triage phone calls, operating cash register.
- Manages an inventory of medications to fill the daily need of the facility, without waste.
- Supports the pharmacist.
- Participates in departmental quality improvement activities.
- Contributes to the effective operation of the department.
Qualifications of the Certified Hospital Pharmacy Technician:
Education and Licensure:
- Current Pharmacy Technician certification preferred - required within 6 months of employment start date
- 2 years Pharmacy Technician experience
- Must have Hospital or retail pharmacy experience
St. Croix Regional Medical Center (SCRMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center has been a healing force in the St. Croix Valley since 1919. Our traditions hold true today, we remain dedicated to the vision of building a healthier community. We continue the strong tradition of quality medicine with a focus on compassionate care through our 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and 5 clinic locations. Our goal is for every patient and visitor to have a positive experience. We want everybody to leave our facilities knowing they or their loved ones received the best care possible.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is a non-profit health care network that provides an array of high quality services at our facilities in St. Croix Falls (clinic and critical access hospital), Balsam Lake, Frederic and Webster, WI along with a clinic in Lindstrom, MN. Our main campus is located in St. Croix Falls, WI, just an hour northeast of Minneapolis/ St. Paul. Nestled in the bluffs of the St. Croix River Valley, St. Croix Falls is the ideal place to work, live and play.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
St. Croix Regional Medical Center
AddressSaint Croix Falls, WI
HealthcareView all jobs at St. Croix Regional Medical Center