23-24 Middle School Social Worker
There is no school like Aug Prep! In just its sixth year of operations, Aug Prep has been voted a “Best Place to Work” by its employees FOUR times out of five possible years (in three of those years, there weren’t any other schools on the list!). What makes us so special?
- Authentic Christian faith integration that puts kids first in all that we do
- Exceptional academics, as highlighted in our five-star report card from DPI
- High expectations for students and staff
- Outstanding resources and facilities, including 1:1 technology, a massive sports complex and two swimming pools
- A focus on the whole child - mind, body and soul - through the arts, athletics and more
Aug Prep currently enrolls over 1,500 students. Our first two graduating classes earned over $15 million in college scholarships! Construction is underway on our second building which will open in August 2023 and add nearly 900 new student seats and 100 job openings. Learn more about Aug Prep through our annual report.
Key Characteristics: The ideal candidate radiates a love for Jesus, a growth mindset, and is driven to serve students from every walk of life.
Reporting Structure: The Middle School Social Worker will report to the School Social Work Team Lead
- Manage a caseload of students and provide faith-based school social work services to them, as well as collaborate with other social workers to provide services to all students in a timely manner
- Facilitate Social Work Groups as needed. For example: loss/grief, managing anxiety, emotional control, positive self-image, and socialization skills
- Guide and collaborate with teachers on integrating social-emotional learning, along with faith integration, in the classroom, which may include teaching some social-emotional related lessons.
- Complete professional documentation of encounters
- Individual Christian Counseling (short-term) as needed in areas including but not limited to trauma, anxiety, depression, emotional control, and grief
- Provide resources and connections as needed to churches, local agencies, and professionals regarding family needs and concerns
- Communicate with parents and provide resources to parents on an individual and school-wide basis
- Plan and lead Professional Development to better equip faculty and staff in recognizing and addressing student social and emotional needs
- Collaborate with academic staff and the Special Education Department as needed
- Assist the school in following school policies and protocols for excessive absences and truancy; attend collaboration meetings with various school departments as needed and collaborate with community agencies as needed.
- Conduct home visits as needed
- Complete mandated reports per mandating reporting WI state laws
- Perform related work or additional school functions as required
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor's Degree, with major or minor in social work or counseling. Master’s of Social Work or Counseling preferred.
- Participating member in a local Church.
- Has an understanding of trauma informed care
- Have a passion to integrate faith with social work within their day-to-day counseling and social work practice
- Demonstration of knowledge and competence in the practice of social work in educational settings, including basic counseling and evaluation.
- Demonstration of organizational skills.
- Ability to perceive, understand, and respond well to the emotional state of others.
- Compassion and empathy for students, parents, and colleagues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Highly effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Professionalism and discretion.
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission and model.
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and possess the highest integrity. and be able to live the values, beliefs, and culture of St. Augustine Prep.
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing benefits.
As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles, St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with the school's Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere to biblical standards of conduct.
Powered by JazzHR
St. Augustine Preparatory AcademyMilwaukee, WI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.