IT and Educational Support Specialist
St. Anne's Belfield School Charlottesville, VA
- Expired: July 26, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
St. Anne's-Belfield, a PS-12 school serving 850+ students in Charlottesville, Virginia, is seeking an IT and Educational Support Specialist as part of the helpdesk team to support faculty, staff, and students with the effective use of technology through instruction, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues related to hardware, software, and classroom technology.
- Tier 1 helpdesk support: Assist students, faculty, and staff in troubleshooting basic hardware, software, and network issues
- Respond to walk-ins, e-mails, and phone requests by faculty, staff, and students
- Supports audio and video equipment in classroom and conference rooms
- Install, test, and configure computers, equipment, and software
- Resolves fundamental technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Ensures customer satisfaction through quick response times, follow-up, and professional communication
- Help manage Filewave, our Mobile Deployment Management (MDM) software, by building, deploying, and updating client software.
- Help manage the backend of our LMS (Canvas) and integrate edTech subscriptions using LTI.
- Work with the Director of IT and Dean's of Academics to evaluate and renew educational subscriptions.
- Assists and supports the Academic Deans in their goal of helping teachers with the integration and effective use of academic technology in classrooms and computer labs for the instruction of students grades PreK-high school
- Develop and teach workshops on the learning technologies used widely on our campuses.
- Provide one to one end-user support for instructional technologies
- Document and communicate issues reported in training by customers and escalate as appropriate
- Provides, as needed, professional development in department or division meetings on academic technology
- Work with Director of IT and Dean of Academics in creating, updating, and teaching Digital Citizenship to our students and families.
- Research and evaluate emerging instructional technologies in support of current and future academic and operational needs.
- Help with building a knowledge base to support our faculty, staff, and students.
- Provides audiovisual setup and support for school events on both campuses;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of School or the Director of IT.
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android operating systems
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management Software (Filewave)
- Proficient in education software such as Canvas, Clever, SeeSaw
- Familiarity with working in Student Information Systems (SIS)
- Experienced with web conferencing tools (Meet and Zoom)
- Familiarity with Apple DEP and Apple School Manager
- Skilled in Google Workspace for Education
- Ability to set up, maintain and troubleshoot Macs and PC's running in a Microsoft network environment
- Ability to manage time well, and the ability to prioritize problems as they arise
- Solid troubleshooting and helpdesk skills in support of faculty, staff, and students
- Provide direct support professionally and courteously
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills in dealing with first-time users
- The ability to write cohesive and compelling tutorials, how-to, or other informative support materials
- Knowledgeable of effective practices for blended and online learning.
- Ability to seek out opportunities to further the goals of the school strategic plan
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direct supervision
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent with appropriate certification(s) in instructional technology or computer science
- Experience supporting faculty, staff, and students in an educational environment.
- Experience teaching workshops in an educational environment.
- Experience creating online training materials
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Instructional Technology or related field
- 3+ years of experience supporting faculty in a higher education environment.
- 3+ years of experience teaching workshops in a higher education environment.
- Experience teaching instructional technology topics, such as developing course websites, facilitating online discussion, etc.
- Experience working on a help desk and providing user support.
- Expert-level knowledge of learning management systems and web conferencing tools.
St. Anne's Belfield School
TechnologyView all jobs at St. Anne's Belfield School