St. Alban's Early Childhood Center, Inc. (SAECC) is a licensed, NAEYC accredited child center program, serving children 0-5 years of age. SAECC strives to provide a high quality program appropriate for infants and preschoolers in a culturally and economically diverse environment. The program is located near the Tenleytown metro.
SAECC's mission is to provide high quality educational services using a developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum for a multi-economic and culturally diverse group of young children.
The responsibilities of a Preschool Teacher at the organization are the following:
- Plan lessons and implement the Creative Curriculum using Teaching Strategies Gold
- Create child portfolios
- Document observations in TS Gold
- Track and complete daily attendance charts and reports for the children
- Maintain a positive and a collaborative attitude
- Bring a personal creative touch to the classroom, including decorating, completing bulletin boards, posting evidence of engagements, connecting with parents and staff, etc...
- Use the computer to create monthly newsletters and monthly take home projects
- Follow the policies and procedures set forth by the District of Columbia's Childcare Licensing Agency (OSSE) and the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) policy for early childhood development
- Attend professional developments and trainings
- Participate in center events
Baccalaureate degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education
Child Development Associate (CDA) credential is accepted with appropriate experience.
Associate's Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education
1. Must be able to lift between 5 to 35 pounds.
2. On a daily basis, must be able to lift, squat, bend, knee, stoop, sit on the floor, get up from the floor, carry, run, jump, go on walks outdoors
3. Free of all communicable disease
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)