POLITAN ROW OPENING NOVEMBER 2019!
The Lead Bartender is the leader of their Bar Politan location. They act at all times to be authentic and engaged with guests and their employees, always representing the brand. This person needs to think quickly on their feet and ensure guests are the top priority.
Your creativity and background as a bartender will be critical as you create, prepare and serve house and classic drink recipes. To ensure proper preparation and service, you’ll also train your bar staff exceptionally through continued education and support.
You'll both manage bar staff, and also work behind the bar taking drink orders, accepting guest payments, mixing and serving drinks.
As a proud citizen of the space, you know that the best bars are clean, organized, attractive, so you take extra care to make sure that all things are in order and you endorse every drink that goes out.
You keep the bar’s wheels moving; working closely with Vendors and Distributors to build strong relationships, and handling all receipts and invoices in a timely fashion.
Human Resource Responsibilities: You’ll train, schedule, coach, and counsel bar employees. Part of your role is also to communicate and set job expectations with each of your employees which will involve enforcing policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook and Bar Manuals.
Financial Responsibilities: You’ll analyze variances, initiating corrective action when needed; maintain accurate inventories and par levels, and manage alcohol costs and monitor accuracy of charges.
You’re a team player, you’ll be available to fill in where needed, as needed, to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS:
● Directly responsible for managing all beverage costs, brand standards and service standards for all bar outlets on property.
● Communicate sales growth opportunities, COGS reduction initiatives, weekly operations budget via weekly one on one meeting with the General Manager.
● Order and maintain an appropriate inventory level of alcohol and perishable goods in accordance with pars and unique business levels.
● Vet new products, orders, and unique purchases to ensure they are on-brand, relevant, and sellable prior to orders being placed.
● Receive and/or train another employee to receive all beer, wine, and liquor orders.
● Train and develop bar personnel to properly execute and maintain service standards, cleanliness standards, drink preparation, and team communication.
● Maintain the accuracy of bar(s) inventory and drink costing spreadsheet each period.
● Perform POS, inventory sheet, and pricing audits as part of the End of Period process.
● With few exceptions, lead the two-person bi-weekly inventory count for all alcoholic, perishable, and non-perishable goods used in the bar.
● Record and submit inventory using the standardized inventory sheet to the General Manager for review by 10:00 a.m. every other Monday, and to Beverage Director by noon every other Monday.
● Schedule all bar staff within the provided labor budget.
● Actively oversee the performance management of bar staff as needed.
● Interview and assess new hires within company hiring guidelines.
● Actively oversee the onboarding of new hires.
● Act in accordance with Beverage Program and Politan Row Operations SOPs and Policies.
● Create and maintain daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning schedules.
● Generate ideas to activate the bar and the brand through community events, pop-ups, specials, promotions, etc.
● Work with the Beverage Director, marketing, and General Manager to achieve successful events, sales growth, and bar(s) brand recognition.
● Develop, cost, plan, and present seasonal and specialty menus four times per year and as requested.
● Act as a brand ambassador of the bar(s) to the greater Food and Beverage community.
● 21 years of age or older
● 2+ years of bartending experience (see required experience below)
●Responsible Service of Alcohol Certification and Food Handler’s Permit preferred
● Computer skills including using apps, G Suite, etc.
● Above average base mathematical and spreadsheet skills
● Advanced knowledge in beer, wine, cocktails, spirits, techniques, and the overall food and beverage industry.
**All skills/aptitudes required of bartenders plus these skills:
● Spreadsheet creation and management using either Excel, Numbers, or Sheets.
● Strong communication skills (with beverage professionals, management, and accounting)
● Strong planning and preparation skills - this will apply to menu planning, batching, and organizing team meetings, cleanings, and classes
● Ability to read and review a basic P&L statement monthly with the General Manager and the Beverage Director
● Constant standing, sitting and walking. Stairs may be involved as well.
● Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
● Be able to bend, reach, and stoop.
● Regular use of hands including frequent washing.
JOB TYPE: Full time, 40 hours a week
Perform supervisory duties a minimum of 16 hours per week and up to 24 hours per week, depending on workload. These hours are considered to be outside of the bar staff tip pool.
● 3+ years in the Hospitality Industry
● 2+ years bartending in general, including 1+ in craft bars/high service environments
● Manager’s Permit (where applicable)
● Alcohol Service Permit
● Food Handler’s Permit