Registered Nurse- Full Time, Night Shift
St Mary's Healthcare System for Children Bayside, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care based on facility policies and procedures and external regulatory standards through the competent application of the nursing process to pediatric patients ages 0 – young adulthood, supervises licensed practical nurses and unlicensed nursing staff. Supports Hospital's mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting agency standards, and obtaining appropriate certification.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides nursing care in accordance with physician orders, standards of care, and departmental policies and procedures evaluating and revising care as needed.
2. Demonstrates competency in all skills required by St Mary’s Hospital for Children
3. Administers medications in accordance with nursing practice standards, evaluates responses, outcomes and adverse effects.
4. Observes and reports changes in the resident's condition to the medical provider and/or other appropriate health professionals.
5. Assesses and identifies learning needs of the resident/family, plans and provides for patient/family training and education, and evaluates level of learning.
6. Attends and participates in interdisciplinary meetings.
7. Communicates plan of care changes as often as necessary
8. Accurately interprets lab values and reports abnormalities to medical provider.
9. Acknowledges medical provider orders and insures prompt and accurate implementation.
10. Orients and precepts new staff as directed and participates in the education of student nurses.
11. Identifies and immediately reports unsafe practices and/or conditions related to resident care, or resident abuse
12. Accompanies and transports residents when medically necessitated.
13. Participates in quality improvement activities as directed
Formal education required:
Licensed and currently registered to practice professional nursing in the State of New York.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required.
Previous experience required:
One year nursing experience preferred in pediatrics or medical surgical nursing.
St Mary's Healthcare System for ChildrenWhy Work Here?
Join our fabulous team of professionals where big hearts help little patients! We RECOGNIZE ability and REWARD excellence.
St. Mary’s Healthcare System is dedicated to providing intensive rehabilitation, specialized care, and education to children with special needs and life-limiting conditions. Children and their families come to St. Mary’s to receive care, learn to manage their illness or injury, and achieve a better quality of life. As the largest provider of long-term care for children with complex medical conditions in New York State and one of the nation’s leading providers of pediatric post-acute care, St. Mary’s provides a continuum of care, treating children throughout the metropolitan area through a network of inpatient, home care and community programs and services, setting a standard of excellence in pediatric healthcare.
29-01 216th StreetBayside, NY