St. Luke’s Care Center is currently recruiting for an Assistant Director of Nursing. Successful candidate will work Monday through Friday days with one of the days working as a floor charge nurse, which could be an evening, night, or weekend shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as backup for the RN who coordinates the provider day duties and MDS Coordinator.
• Ability to have a basic understanding of and assist in the nursing scheduling process.
• Serve as a member of and attend fall prevention committee meetings.
• Serve as backup for infection preventionist and attend infection control committee meeting.
• Completes monthly pharmacy reviews with the pharmacist. • Complete competency training for aides and nurses.
• Assists Director of Nursing Services (DON) with other tasks, as needed.
• Assists with the assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting.
• Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care, as well as supervising the care given by CNAs, LPNs and supportive staff members in the absence of the DON.
• Participates in resident and family teaching. Maintains role as resident advocate with a focus on the facility’s mission.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Dakota.
• Current BLS certification
• Must be certified in infection control (or able to become certified within 1 year of hire)
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Moderate computer knowledge.
See complete job description
Applications can be completed online at www.dcstlukes.org or picked up in the business office. A full job description is available per request to Marianne Wamhoff, HR. ext. 409 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St Luke's Medical Ctr