$7, 000 Sign on Bonus for New Hires only. Must have ER, ICU and Telemetry experience.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The Registered Nurse functions within the limits of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act, St. Luke's and Patient Care Services policies and practice guidelines, and performs in a comparable manner to peers with similar training, experience and circumstances.
1. Assesses the physical and psychosocial dimensions of patients using a holistic approach, within the scope of knowledge and experience base, upon admission and throughout the nursing process, and documents appropriately into the patient record following established standards of the patient care services department.
2. Plans, implements and evaluates a formal written individualized plan of care within the appropriate time frame based on the nursing assessment and diagnosis and appropriate Standards of Care.
3. Provides quality patient care from admission to discharge by collaborating with all healthcare team members and other departments and maintaining cost-effectiveness in accordance with established policies and practice guidelines.
4. Demonstrates competencies of the Missouri Nurse Practice Act by practicing within established policies and practice guidelines.
5. Demonstrates unit-defined competencies as required.
6. Acts as resource person for patients, visitors and staff in both routine and crisis situations. Addresses problems and complaints thoroughly and responds appropriately and promptly.
7. Plans work assignments for Patient Care Technicians, using the Patient Care Services guidelines to ensure adequate and appropriate care is given. Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volume, schedule changes and emergencies.
8. Assumes accountability for professional growth by functioning as a resource to other healthcare professionals and maintaining a current professional knowledge base.
9. Participates in unit based quality improvement processes as required.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of a school of nursing. BSN preferred
Eligible for or currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Missouri
BLS, ACLS REQUIRED
Recent clinical experience preferred.
Evaluative skills necessary for patient assessment.
Decision making skills required for treatment planning/implementation.
Clinical reasoning and judgment skills necessary for evaluation of nursing interventions and for safety of patients and self.
Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with patients, visitors and staff.
Ability to recognize a need for and alter communication with patients with communication impairments.
Ability to manage time, organize daily schedule to meet productivity standards, and cope with professional stress.
Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Ability to lift heavy objects using proper lifting techniques and with assistance as necessary.
Ability to transfer and move patients who vary with ability to assist weighing 200+ lbs using proper lifting techniques and with assistance as necessary.
Ability to push and pull equipment weighing in excess of 40 lbs using proper techniques and with assistance as necessary.
Manual dexterity, coordination and skillful use of hands when working with patient and equipment which may include pushing buttons, adjusting dials, turning on/off switches, buckling, holding and positioning limbs/body parts, etc.
Ability to physically perform necessary documentation in writing or use of tape recorder.
Faithful to our Episcopal-Presbyterian heritage and its ministry of healing, St. Luke's is dedicated to improving the health of the communities we serve.
Using talents and resources responsibly, we provide high quality, safe care with compassion, professional excellence and respect for each other and those we serve.
As an independent healthcare network, we create healthy communities in the region through our commitment to high quality, safe and personalized services.
We accept and treat all persons as being created in the image of God.
We respond with caring to the needs of others as if they were members of our family.
We honor each person's rights and responsibilities in light of the common good.
We set and strive to attain high standards of performance and continuous improvement.
We use our talents and resources wisely, with honesty and integrity.
FACES - Friendly - Available - Caring - Efficient - Safe Communication Standards: Promotes and provides courteous and effective communication with internal and external customers.