St. Luke's Health System in Nampa is seeking an Asst Nurse Manager to join our Emergency Department team.
Nampa's Emergency Department is a 15 bed unit with a RN/Patient ratio of 1:4. The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for managing, developing and engaging staff on designated unit or units based on size, ensuring best practice are followed with adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Accountable for achieving harm index, compliance to evidence-based protocols, patient safety, HCAPS, rounding, vacancy, turnover, productivity, overtime, expense, work place safety and staff engagement performance metrics.
- Makes staff assignments to align with staff competencies to ensure appropriate patient care and actively manages staff each shift. Works with Nursing Manager and Staffing Office to determine staffing needs.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, coaching and development of staff, and ensures execution of action plans to improve staff development and employee engagement. Works with staff to promote resolution of conflicts and counsels staff when clinical practice standards are not met.
- Assists in the hiring and onboarding process, as well as contributes to performance evaluations and staff management, as delegated by the Nursing Manager.
- Provides increased leadership visibility through actively engaging in real-time patient rounding, to support coaching and mentoring of the patient care team.
- Initiate and foster continuous improvement within department. Identify and resolve patient/customer satisfaction issues and complaints.
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing hospitals/area/service and practice/area/ service. Ensure that policy, procedures and standards are developed, implemented and maintained.
- Ensures communication of program priorities, policies, and procedures across team to ensure consistent patient experience and optimal outcomes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Experience: 3 years nursing experience
- Licenses/Certifications: RN license required
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Nampa, in Canyon County, is located on the west end of the beautiful Treasure Valley. Approximately 30 minutes from the capital city of Boise, it features the perfect mixture of rural and urban living and boasts the strongest agricultural economies in the entire state. This being Idaho's largest metropolitan area. Nampa offers a rich environment with endless natural beauty, local history, culture and economic well-being.
Learn more about what Nampa has to offer you:
City of Nampa | Warhawk Air Museum | Deer Flat Wildlife Refuge | Wilson Ponds | Nampa Parks | Concerts at the Ford Idaho Center
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.