Assistant General Manager
- Expired: February 23, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Located in the Union Market neighborhood, St. Anselm is an American tavern devoted to the pleasures of grilled meats and great ingredients simply cooked. The second outpost of Joe Carroll’s popular NYC restaurant aims to bring some of the laid-back vibes of Brooklyn to Washington, DC. While steak is a specialty, the creativity doesn’t stop there. Delicious food, eclectic wines, and classic cocktails set the tone for a great experience.At the present time, we are seeking a Assistant General Manager to join our amazing leadership team. The AGM works to enrich our culture by delivering outstanding hospitality and redefining Guest expectations through moments that surprise, details that delight and flavors that linger long after the last plate is cleared.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive restaurant management experience in a well-rated restaurant
- In depth knowledge of proper professional service techniques and dining room organization
- General knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology
- Proficient in restaurant finances and recordkeeping (P&L /budget/food & labor costs)
- Ability to compute numbers, reconcile daily financial documents, inventory goods, conduct analysis and make business recommendations to ensure costs are in line with budgets
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Experience hiring, training and mentoring a diverse hourly staff
- Basic PC knowledge and comprehension (Word, Excel, scheduling software, Open Table, Applicant Tracking /Onboarding HR systems)
- Sets the standards of the restaurant through example.
- Takes initiative to do whatever is necessary to build and run a successful operation.
- Coach and manage salaried and hourly employees in real time to improve performance.
Build the Business
- Increase guest counts and to develop a loyal guest base.
- Make decisions with the best interest of the guest, the employees and the investors in mind.
- Focus is on long-term results.
- Manage the guest experience to ensure all St Anselm standards are met and exceeded in the day to day operations of the restaurant.
- Understand the food program and help the BOH team ensure consistent execution of the specification.
- Create a team atmosphere amongst the staff which is fun, lively and professional.
- Ensure performance reviews of all hourly employees are completed yearly
- Maintain accurate employee files, including thorough, signed documentation for any and all disciplinary incidents
- Continual assessment of the status of current management team, developing action plans to address the developmental issues of each team member and following through on each manager's progress.
- Coach, mentor and develop the management team as well as key hourly employees, is critical for the success of the restaurant and the company.
- Thorough documentation on all incidents; including counseling sessions, accidents/injuries with regards to workman's comp, and termination reports.
- Oversee all aspects of the staffing of the restaurant, from a management level through hourly positions:
- Ensure all servers, bartenders and host staff are TIPS certified within the first month of employment
- Use of pre-meals and departmental meetings as necessary to move training to the next level
- Teaching and coaching all employees and managers on a daily basis
Deliver Results (Financial & Profitability)
- Maintaining high standards in all areas of security, safety, cleanliness and sanitation are essential.
- Maximize sales and optimize profits through the management of all cost centers.
- Remain abreast of the budget and drive the restaurants towards better results
- May be responsible for a particular cost center (i.e. the bar - liquor and wine cost, smallwares, CGS).
RetailView all jobs at St Anselm