Learning Consultant - Remote
SquareTrade Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.Job Description
The Learning Consultant is a full-time role reporting into the Senior Learning Consultant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver new learning strategies that engage, inform, excite, and change the behavior of our Customer Service agents.
- Apply SquareTrade’s voice and style to produce and deliver training in a conversational and informative style.
- Work closely with internationally-based colleagues in L&D, QA, HR, IT as well as local Call Center Management team to rapidly gather information, refine objectives, produce, and deliver training that’s relevant and of the highest quality.
- Be adaptive, innovative thinker, with a demonstrated comfort with ambiguity.
- Embrace new ways to deliver learning experiences and think outside the box and work with our global training team.
- Able to work additional hours during a project or when training or shift work hours to meet with a global partner, as required
- Other learning duties as assigned.
- Design and build extraordinary learning content for our Customer service teams to support many delivery types—including classroom, trainer led and virtual classroom.
- Write storyboards, produce media, and lessons that utilize technology to achieve learning objectives—including PowerPoints, videos, games, and more.
- Work with Team Managers, QA and other trainers to update and improve our new hire training.
- Work with our global trainers and conduct train the trainer sessions for new content rollouts.
- Facilitation of training from one day up to our multi-week blended new hire on-boarding program as well as stand-alone courses, as required (lecture, small group discussions, role play and activities/games).
- Utilization of mixed media resources to enhance learner comprehension.
- Evaluation of curriculum (drawing attention to opportunities to improve, reinvent or streamline the learning experience to maximize retention and adherence).
- Learner comprehension monitoring & assessment (administration of exams, coaching and reporting)
- Daily, weekly, monthly learner observation documentation.
- People and resource management (new hire management for 4-6 weeks, maintaining of classroom technology and reasonable utilization of temporary support resources)
Preferred Education & Experience
- Project Familiarity with CRM system (Salesforce preferred) and JIRA
- Previous experience working with customer experience or impacting customer service
- Advanced skills with eLearning software (Articulate Storyline preferred)
- Industry certification(s) or prior experience building training within a technical environment: A+, MCP, MCSE, Cloud
- 2+ years of experience in education and/or training design and development
- 2+ years training in a classroom setting
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required (English, Education, Communication, or similar)
- Familiarity with adult learning principles, theories, concepts and development technologies or modalities, practical experience and application of training development models
- Able to manage a design project end to end
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines for deliverables, with accuracy, quality and attention to detail
- Organized with strong ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Clear and concise verbal and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google tools
- Detail oriented, organized, able to juggle multiple projects at once
Some of the benefits of working @Squaretrade include:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background check, which includes a drug screen.