Altamonte Springs, FL
Rapid City, SD
St. Paul, MN
SquarePeg is working with a consumer financial services company to help them find their ideal Risk Management System Business Analyst (AVP). Here is their description:
The AVP, Risk Management System Business Analyst will support the Enterprise, Governance, and Risk Management eGRC system. In this role, you will develop a deep knowledge of Risk and Oversight programs and build strong relationships with business and IT teams. Partner with business stakeholders to understand their strategic plans and design innovative technology solutions to support and drive Risk Management initiatives. Responsible for developing technical requirements for team members within Agile development standards. The ideal applicant will possess intellectual curiosity, analytical thinking, strong listening skills, sound business judgement, transparency and accountability, and will balance brevity and depth of research.
- Strategic Business Liaison: Partner with business across oversight functions to understand business problems/challenges and develop/document solutions that drive risk management initiatives. Create and present design options with impact and data analysis to deliver balanced recommendations that support sound decision-making.
- Impact Research and Analysis: Performs independent research to identify cross impacts and/or opportunities to help synergize oversight activities. Develop deep knowledge of application databases and ETL scripts to fully understand in/out dependencies to prevent unintended impacts. Provide analysis to IT and reporting development supporting teams to aid business in sound requirements.
- eGRC Design Reviews: Develop and fully understand existing eGRC configurations and developments with the ability to interpret HTML, XML, CSS, and JEXL (Java) and correlate to expected desired behavior and outcomes.
- Collaborate: Builds informal, proactive, and supportive partnerships with peers in the analytics and development team, to share resources and insights, offer support for shared infrastructure, and drive greater collaboration among the various stakeholders supported by the broader team.
- Solve Problems: Leverage active listening, analytical thinking, and strategic thinking to understand business concepts and help business understand cross impacts within application, reporting, and operations.
- Analyze Structured Data: Work with structured internal Application, Data Warehouse, and DataMart databases/data to summarize into insights and identify data gaps between Application and Reporting layers.
- Facilitate: Lead team and cross-functional discussions and training sessions (as needed)
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma and a minimum of 4+ years of analytical experience in financial service
- 2+ years of experience delivering in-person or video/teleconference presentations and facilitating design meetings with stakeholders in cross functional teams, including business and IT
- 1+ years of experience in Risk Management solutions and systems including BWise (preferred), RSA Archer, MetricStream, SAP Risk Management
- 3+ years of progressive work experience, including:
- 2+ years of experience in an analytics role,
- 2+ years of experience with data mining tools such as SQL, SAS, R, and Python,
- 2+ years of experience in HTML, XML, and Java
- Demonstrated track record of creating technology solutions to solve business problems
- Skilled at creating business requirements documents, use cases, user acceptance test plans, process flow and data flow diagrams
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and relationship building skills across multiple levels and functions in the organization.
- Excellent problem management skills with ability to coordinate, facilitate, and drive resolution.
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner while having an acumen and passion for business and technology
- Ability to set expectations with business partners and effectively leverage governance for a positive business partner experience
- Highly self-motivated who seeks ownership, accountability, and welcomes responsibility
- Understands and keeps abreast of emerging technologies and trends, industry standards and vendor landscape
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes
- Highly self-motivated with track record of driving multiple competing and conflicting priorities
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision while consistently meeting objectives
- Demonstrable ability to handle and prioritize multiple project initiatives to meet business needs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple contending priorities
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Check us out at www.squarepeghires.com!