Spyce is a fast-casual restaurant concept at the intersection of food, hospitality and technology; making cravable, nutritious food at a broadly accessible price point. Our restaurant features a robotic kitchen that cooks and serves delicious meals. You would be joining a team that includes MIT engineers and Michelin star chefs aligned in achieving a goal of revolutionizing the food industry with amazing food, thoughtful design and cutting-edge robotics.
Passionate about food? Love robotics? The engineers at Spyce work with both very intimately. We are pushing the boundaries of robotics and re-imagining how restaurants work. We build prototypes quickly; test our assumptions rigorously; and build tools that deliver a constantly improving restaurant experience.
As an engineer at Spyce, you will be a part of our tight-knit team helping us build our robotic culinary systems. You will own your projects from the early stages to the final product with all the bells, whistles, and features required, while cooking delicious food along the way.
What You'll Do
- Own, develop, and document new testing methodologies across all platforms: iOS, Web, Linux, and robotics
- Monitor, debug, improve and fix breakages on our software and hardware infrastructure, determine root cause bugs, and establish prioritization
- Partner with engineers to write automation code and test pipelines that include feedback and a path to release-level quality products
- Review feature requirements and behavior specifications to develop tests early and uncover issues prior to implementation
- Help ensure new features moves easily through development
Who You Are
- Experience testing consumer or robotic products
- Ability to break down complex problems into elegant, testable pieces
- Demonstrate proficiency in scripting languages (Python, Bash, etc.) and the Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of AWS, Docker, and cloud computing platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to efficiently collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Bonus points
- Experience with PLC systems software
- Experience writing reliable automated tests
- Experience managing CI systems