Spry is a certified Small Business (SB) headquartered in McLean, VA. Spry provides Enterprise, C4IT, Management, and Cyber Solutions to the federal government and commercial entities. Founded in 2001, Spry Methods was built on the foundation of combining industry knowledge with unmatched responsiveness to produce results for our customers. Our goal is to build a business dedicated to the maximization of value for all stakeholders starting with our employees, our customers, and our community. We recognize that talented and dedicated employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of our success. Guided by these principles, we have established an impressive track record of proven past performance serving our customers within the Commercial, Federal Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence Communities. A CMMI Level 3 certified and ISO 9001:2008 registered company, Spry is committed to quality and continuous improvement.
Spry is actively seeking a QA Senior Test Engineer to join our team and support development efforts for a government client. Position is available in Fort Collins, CO.
Would you like to be part of a dynamic team of dedicated software professionals? Are you concerned about protecting our Nation's natural resources? We need people who are committed to action. People who want to apply their education and experience to make sure that all of us enjoy the benefits of productive soil, clean water, clean air, and abundant wildlife that come from a healthy environment.
Natural resource conservation is an effort of Federal and State agencies, universities, and professional societies to deliver science-based information to land owners. Join us to build the technology to help people understand, preserve and increase the productivity of our natural resources.
The selected candidate must be knowledgeable and experienced as a Quality Assurance Test Engineer for testing web-based and desktop applications, software engineering practices, quality assurance standards, interpretation of product requirements, test plan development, test case development, and testing of software functionality, and usability (508 compliance experience a plus). Principal responsibilities include:
- Test plan and test case development
- Manual and automated testing of software functionality, installation, and regression
- Bug management and error tracking
- Test report documentation
- Coordination and prioritization of testing activities and the ability to work with multiple development teams and software projects are also critical for the selected candidate. Candidate must have the ability to independently troubleshoot software issues
- Previous experience as a development lead or significant development team member
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to generate high quality code
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services development
- Agile and or SAFe Agile
- Microsoft .NET, C# and ASP.NET, JAVA, Java Script, Java API, Perl, Python, and/or Spring software development experience
- Experience with ORMs (NHibernate/Entity Framework)
- Experience with cross-browser DHTML and HTML5 web design
- Development experience with GIS software tools
- Experience with SQL, RDBMS (preferably SQL Server), and database principles
- Experience with source code management tools (Subversion preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in Agile Development Methodology, especially Scrum
- Object Oriented design and implementation experience
- Knowledge of configuration management practices
- Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust
At Spry, we believe talented and dedicated employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of our success. We are committed to crafting a diverse and inclusive workplace that endorses engagement, creativity, quality and innovation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, we evaluate qualified candidates in full consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other protected status.