Room Attendant Housekeeper
Springwood Hospitality Easton, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy being active and hands-on at work? Do you enjoy helping others and making sure guest have the best experience possible while staying at your property? Are you someone who appreciates the independence of cleaning and organization?
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our Housekeeping teams at our DUAL BRAND the Home2 Suites/Tru by Hilton Easton.
Please apply at: http://bit.ly/3snzQsz
Cleans and prepares guest rooms and public areas by meeting established standards of cleanliness and propriety to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize revenues. This individual will also help out in laundry when needed.
- Retrieves items from shelves and storerooms, sets up cleaning cart with supplies, constantly maintaining carts and storerooms in a clean and orderly fashion to enhance efficiency and ease of cleaning rooms.
- Cleans and wipes windows, doors, walls, closets and fixtures in rooms, public areas and hallways, often using ladders or stools to clean hard to reach areas, in order to maintain a clean, presentable and attractive facility at all times.
- Washes shower walls and tub, cleans toilet(s) and stall walls if applicable, wipes exposed pipes, cleans mirrors, sink(s) and walls in order to have clean and sanitary guest and public restrooms.
- Replaces towels, soaps and all room amenities and restocks literature that has been removed by previous guest or is soiled and torn to ensure adequate supply for arriving guests.
- Washes all hard floor areas (linoleum, tile, etc.) by hand to remove dirt and soiled areas.
- Dusts and polishes all furniture, fixtures and wall hangings including using a duster to reach vents and ceiling corners to remove dust and cobwebs.
- Strips bed of all linen and remakes with fresh, checking bedspread, blankets and bed pads for cleanliness, replacing if soiled. Lifts mattresses to check for soil between mattresses and under bed.
- Checks closet for cleanliness, wiping closet door, handle and overhead shelves and restocking the guest room supplies such as hangers, extra blankets and pillows.
- Vacuums rooms, public areas and hallways, operating vacuums weighing up to 25lbs., and lifting/moving heavy furniture in order to vacuum entire area of carpet including underneath furniture and hard to reach areas.
- Inspects all door and window locks to ensure they are in working order and immediately alerts management to an unsecured or unsafe situation for the safety of guests and employees.
- Inspects all room equipment (TV, lights/lamps, faucets, radios) to ensure proper working order and immediately reports all room status and room maintenance deficiencies, in writing, to the proper department for prompt repair/resolution.
- Secures and maintains custody of equipment, keys and supplies at all times in order to protect and preserve hotel property.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Assists the laundry department by retrieving soiled linen from carts throughout the hotel, sorting laundry into correct size loads, utilizing industrial washers, dryers and pressers, folding and distributing the cleaned linen to storage closets and/or carts.
- Provides assistance to other employees and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department and hotel.
Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
Can communicate well with guests.
Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
Knowledge of chemical cleaning agents and operation of various cleaning equipment.
Ability to push and/or pull equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Ability to scrub and scour surfaces, extending arms overhead to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces.
Must have a flexible schedule: May include nights, weekend, and holidays.