Our Director of Nursing is leaving this Fall after 6 years to pursue a family business. So, we are seeking a Director Of Nursing to join our Assisted Living community team! You will be responsible for managing the delivery of health services at Springwell by conducting assessments, developing individualized service plans and assuring their day-to-day implementation. The Springwell DoN provides leadership in supervising our team of LPN Charge Nurses and front-line caregivers.
- Lead a high performance service delivery team who support residents in activities of daily living
- Lead the creation, maintenance and execution of customized resident service plans based on nursing assessments and input from other health care practitioners
- Work in close partnership with the Delegating RN & Memory Care Director as well as Physicians, Rehab Therapists, Pharmacy and other Partners-in-Care to monitor residents’ conditions and changing service needs
- Maintain a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for all residents, co-workers, families and guests.
- Encourage teamwork, promote wellness, support open communication and collaborative problem solving among co-workers. Lead by example.
- Encourage resident and family participation in service planning to be sure that personal choice, independence and dignity is preserved.
- Collaborate with Activities and Therapy departments to promote optimal resident mobility, cognition and social engagement
- Maintain accurate resident medical records
- Graduate of an approved college or school of nursing with a current State of Maryland license as a professional Registered Nurse (RN).
- Minimum of three years' RN experience required plus specific experience in home health, assisted living, hospital, or long-term care environment.
- Minimum of two years’ nursing management experience, including hiring, coaching, performance management, daily operations supervision, counseling, and discipline
- Certified as an Assisted Living Manager (ALM) by the State of Maryland (or willing to obtain such certification).
- Ability to build rapport with residents and their families
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment