Use your natural ability to train people, share your knowledge, and love of interior decorating in this role!
The primary responsibilities of this position are to successfully integrate national retailing programs into the territory, to promote and train on the sale of Graber, Bali, Signature Series, and Springs branded products, to achieve maximum market penetration and build brand reputation, and to attain short- and long-range objectives for retail sales growth.
The FSR will spend approximately 70% of their time in stores training and selling the retail store associates on the brands we sell. This includes
- Training on product features, selling points, selling methods and techniques
- Advising how to properly merchandise Springs products
- Teaching correct ordering procedures
- Preparing for and training store/franchise reps on upcoming promotions
- Solving customer complaints and delighting customers with your solutions
- Foster Bex for store associates and their peers
National Account Manager
- Work with Springs National Account Managers to plan and coordinate training events, new store openings, sales promotions, assortment changes, display changes, etc. He or she will conduct product knowledge and selling classes of up to 50 people in many of these types of events.
- Responsible for the integrity of displays. He/she will regularly install new displays and update existing displays with new products or new hardware as required, clean/tidy displays as necessary and update pricing and sample books.
- The FSR will spend some time planning for new store openings, in close coordination with his/her Regional Manager and appropriate personnel from the retail chain. He or she will help set up new stores, and will often attend grand openings or other special events planned for individual stores. These events often will occur on weekends.
- The FSR keeps the Regional Sales Manager informed of his or her activities via standard communication processes. He or she will work closely with their respective Manager to determine the most effective store-call schedule. The FSR's key objective is to schedule their day in order to maximize their customer relationships and to maximize sales.
Sales Reps may be asked to assist in training new Sales Representatives in other territories.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in business or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Candidates should have experience in retail sales. Window coverings experience is preferred.
- Scheduling: This position will work 10+ Saturdays each year.
- Most incumbents will be required to drive for extended periods of time, and may drive between 15,000 and 40,000 annually. Overnight travel may be required (between 2 and 15 days a month, depending on the territory.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Training/Presentation Skills