RECEPTIONIST (Maternity Leave)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
RECEPTIONIST (Maternity Leave)
The Receptionist, is the first point of contact for Springhill Lumber. The Receptionist’s duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
Springhill Lumber is looking for a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This is a full time Monday to Friday, Maternity/Parental Leave position.
Rate of Pay: Depending on Experience
- Receive visitors at front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately;
- Answering, screening, and forwarding incoming phone calls to proper departments/areas;
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, business cards and brochures);
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email;
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries;
- Prepare outgoing mail, securing parcels;
- Order office supplies and keep inventory of stock;
- Update calendars and variety of inter office listings;
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, emailing, and faxing;
- Receive Debit/Visa/MC, and cash payments and refunds from clients and walk-in customers;
- Perform daily deposit summary and cut off the POS machine, and distribute to proper departments and personnel;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous reception experience in operating with a Panasonic 10 multi-line phone system is an asset;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and listen effectively in order to provide a high customer service level;
- Must have strong customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and handle situations with tact and discretion;
- Work collaboratively with others to ensure completion of tasks and address issues;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Detail conscious while maintaining a high degree of accuracy;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload to meet all deadlines.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this position. Send resumes and a cover letter to Attn: Nelia Czubiak (H/R). Application deadline is January 21, 2022.
We would like to thank everyone for their application but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
1820 De Vries Ave.Winnipeg, MB
HealthcareView all jobs at Springhill Lumber