Warehouse Shipping / Receiving Manager
Springfield Spring Corp. Bristol, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $35,000 to $45,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
Are you an experienced Shipping & Receiving Manager with the skill, desire and motivation to advance in your company but the people ahead of you have been at your company longer than you and you don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell to advance for many years due to seniority rules or political butt kissing? Do other departments at your company get all the glory but you and your associates are treated like you're dispensable? Are you confident with your skill and ideas for improvement but your voice and input are constantly muted? Then today is your lucky day my friend.
If you are just looking for a job, please do not apply. If you, however, are a quick learner, self-motivated and want to join an employee-centric company, in a team-based manufacturing environment, we want to talk to you. Our plant is clean, bright, organized and free of “command & control” management.
Springfield Spring & Stamping is one of the leading manufacturers of springs, wire forms, stampings in New England experiencing explosive growth. We are a fast-paced manufacturing company that is thriving in this Pandemic. We need people that can keep pace with us and actually have FUN at the same time. That's right...Fun at work. "What a concept...lol". Keep in mind however that we have no tolerance for office politics, character assassinations or Facebook or Smart Phone addiction.
Shipping and Receiving Responsibilities:
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies.
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and member-ready area.
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries and sorts and stocks receivables.
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, scanning inventory, and counting accurately.
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude.
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
Shipping and Receiving Qualifications/Skills:
- Proficient in using an ERP system (Visual, Job Boss, E2, Epicor, SAP etc.)
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team-based environment
- High School Diploma or GED
We offer a competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience, health insurance, 401k, PTO Time, paid holidays, vacation time, bonuses and a team-based culture. We are a practicing Open-Book Managed company. You will be taught how our company runs financially as we openly share our sales and profit numbers. Our process for success is easy: “A business-literate employee is our company’s greatest asset!" & "Great people make great companies - never the other way around."
We are ISO 90001 and 13485 registered employing approximately 60 people at two plant locations. Our components are shipped to some of the largest corporations around the world. Sales and customer satisfaction are growing because we all practice this thing we framed as: The Springfield Spring Experience. We have not missed bi-annual performance-based bonuses in over 12 years.
Springfield Spring Corp.Why Work Here?
We are thriving in this Pandemic and looking for people who are smart, self-motivated and want to help build a company around them.
Springfield Spring & Stamping manufactures precision mechanical compression springs, extension springs, torsion springs, wire forms, fourslide-produced stampings and light assemblies. We occupy approximately 40,000 square feet of manufacturing space at two plant location. Our East Longmeadow, Mass. facility manufactures primarily compression springs with spring-end grinding and firearm magazine springs. Our Connecticut division is a campus-like setting with 2 separate buildings. Building 1 manufactures fourslide-produced stampings augmented with a modern tool room and in-house wire EDM. Building number 2 has state-of-the art CNC wire forming machinery manufacturing torsion springs, wire forms and extension springs, secondary part manufacturing and a model shop for short run prototyping.. We are ISO 90001 and 13485 registered employing approximately 60 people at two plant locations. Our components are shipped to some of the largest corporations around the world. Sales and customer satisfaction are growing because we all practice this thing we framed as: The Springfield Spring Experience. We have not missed bi-annual performance-based bonuses in over 12 years.
24 Dell Manor DriveBristol, CT