Are you working for a manufacturing company as an Inside Cost Estimator or Entry Level Engineer with the skill, desire and motivation to advance but the people ahead of you have been at your company longer than you and you don’t have a snowball’s chance in hell to advance for many years due to seniority rules or political butt kissing? Are you confident with your skill but your voice and input are constantly muted? Then today is your lucky day my friend.
If you are just looking for a job, please do not apply. If you, however, are a quick learner, self-motivated and want to join an employee-centric team in a clean manufacturing environment, we want to talk to you. Our plant is clean, bright and free of “command & control” management.
Springfield Spring & Stamping is one of the leading manufacturers of springs, wire forms, stampings and firearm magazine springs in the United States. We are experiencing explosive growth. We are a fast-paced manufacturing company that is thriving in this Pandemic. We need people that can keep pace with us and actually have FUN at the same time. That's right...Fun at work. "What a concept...lol". Keep in mind however that we have no tolerance for office politics, character assassinations or Facebook or Smart Phone addiction.
Summary The Cost Estimator position involves analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, manufactured on our state-of-the-art CNC spring winding and stamping machines.
• Work with our Engineers to understand the customer requirements, design intent and timelines.
• Interact with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Production and Customer Service to obtain and provide information needed to resolve issues and establish an accurate cost estimate for product.
• Identify processes needed to complete product and determine compatibility to our capabilities.
• Determine the correct material, machines, labor and outside processing required.
• Retrieve historical data and analyzes data for improved efficiencies.
• Generate accurate estimates of time and costs to build component parts.
• Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, to aid management in bidding on or determining price of products.
• Compute cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
• Manage RFQ queue and ensure quotes are returned according to client needs.
• Analyze blueprints, specifications, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products and projects, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
• Consult with engineering, manufacturing, and vendors, to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
• Maintain records of estimates projects, analyzing change orders and determining cost differences.
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent green card holder
• Bachelor’s or Associates degree from year from a college or trade school with one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
• Must have a general overview of metal fabrication and/or machining processes
• Ability to read and understand blueprints.
• Must be proficient with ERP software (VISUAL preferred).
• Knowledgeable of methods/time studies and ability to calculate run rates.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Should understand manufacturing process, material and specifications.
• Knowledge of plating processes
• Familiarity with material properties of metals such as stainless steel, copper etc.
• Great organizational skills.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing and ISO 9001Quality Management System
We offer a competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience, health insurance, 401k, PTO Time, paid holidays, vacation time, bonuses and a team-based culture.
We are ISO 90001 and 13485 registered employing approximately 60 people at two plant locations. Our components are shipped to some of the largest corporations around the world. Sales and customer satisfaction are growing because we all practice this thing we framed as: The Springfield Spring Experience. We have not missed bi-annual performance-based bonuses in over 12 years.
Springfield Spring Corp.
Why Work Here?Springfield Spring & Stamping manufactures precision mechanical compression springs, extension springs, torsion springs, wire forms, fourslide-produced stampings and light assemblies. We occupy approximately 40,000 square feet of manufacturing space at two plant location. Our East Longmeadow, Mass. facility manufactures primarily compression springs with spring-end grinding and firearm magazine springs. Our Connecticut division is a campus-like setting with 2 separate buildings. Building 1 manufactures fourslide-produced stampings augmented with a modern tool room and in-house wire EDM. Building number 2 has state-of-the art CNC wire forming machinery manufacturing torsion springs, wire forms and extension springs, secondary part manufacturing and a model shop for short run prototyping.. We are ISO 90001 and 13485 registered employing approximately 60 people at two plant locations. Our components are shipped to some of the largest corporations around the world. Sales and customer satisfaction are growing because we all practice this thing we framed as: The Springfield Spring Experience. We have not missed bi-annual performance-based bonuses in over 12 years.
We are thriving in this Pandemic and looking for people who are smart, self-motivated and want to help build a company around them.