Summary of Position:
A Host generates a positive first impression for our guests by displaying genuine friendliness and the desire to exceed their expectations. A host will greet guests upon arrival, manage the efficient and timely seating of the guests according to their needs, bid them farewell and show appreciation for their patronage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintains an enthusiastic, courteous, neat and professional image.
· Greets and assists guests according to their needs.
· Generates a waiting list and provides accurate quotes for seating time when immediate seating is limited.
· Provides guests with a pager (at applicable restaurants) and quote times when waiting for a table. If dining at a Springfield Grille location, hosts need to be aware of customers who made reservations.
· Escorts guests to their seats as soon as possible and present food and special menus, inform the guests of their server’s name and inspect the table for proper presentation and completeness.
· Keeps the host station, waiting areas and restrooms stocked and clean.
· Performs all duties in a timely, effective manner in accordance with the SRG company policies.
· Performs opening and closing duties.
· Answers the telephone, assists in bussing and setting tables.
· Gives a sincere farewell and invites the guests to return soon.
· Keeps supervisor informed of any unhappy guests or unusual matters.
· Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other employees.
· Relays messages from customers to servers and bussers as needed.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
· Works as a team player by assisting other employees when needed.
· Must be able to pass all job related tests.
· Meets SRG dress standards.
· Be able to communicate with guests.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and serving staff.
Springfield Restaurant Group
Why Work Here?
Premier Restaurant Group with eight locations in PA & OH. We offer flexible schedules, benefits and room for growth.