Associate Director, Development
- Expired: August 10, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Springboard Collaborative invites talented and passionate candidates to apply for the position of Associate Director, Development (West). The Associate Director, Development (West) will be responsible for raising money for Springboards programs in the West. A successful candidate will be skillful at 1) writing materials such as proposals, reports, correspondence, and other donor-facing collateral; 2) planning and organizing donor meetings, site visits, and other engagement opportunities; and 3) relationship building both internally with staff and leadership and external with donors and partners. Note that this is not explicitly a front-facing fundraising role but may include occasional donor engagement as needed.
Springboard Collaborative closes the literacy gap by closing the gap between home and school. We coach educators and family members to help kids learn to read by 4th grade. Springboard envisions a world in which all children have the requisite literacy skills to access life opportunities. The Associate Director, Development (West) supports this goal by securing resources for our award-winning programs in the West.
The Associate Director, Development (West) will report to the Director, Regional Philanthropy, and work as part of the Partnerships department. The Associate Director, Development (West) will also work closely with the Executive Director, West. This is a great opportunity to support an entrepreneurial team to maximize the impact of a rapidly growing organization.
You can read more about the requirements, competencies, goals, and responsibilities below. We'd love to have you join us!This is important
We are an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is more than a commitment at Springboard Collaborative—it’s at the core of what we do and how we do it. No one can solve a problem better than those who experience it firsthand. That’s why Springboard aspires to hire a diverse team that is representative of the marginalized communities we serve.
We also know that having a diverse workforce makes for a better workplace. Springboard’s hiring process seeks individuals who value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, etc.
Finally, if you’re passionate about an open role, we encourage you to apply— even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed on the job description!Here are your priorities this year:
- You will collaborate with the Executive Director, West to raise $1.85M in philanthropy for the West portfolio.
- You will develop a pipeline of $2.8M in qualified opportunities in the "cold prospect" stage by end of Q4 and ensure ~20% of these opportunities advance to the next stage each quarter.
- You will ensure 100% of major donors receive at least quarterly touchpoints and submit at least 60 proposals, reports, and/or letters of intent that meet or exceed SBC standards for quality.
- You will contribute to the team-wide onboarding of new staff members.
- You will contribute to the team-wide goal of continuing to improve the quality and consistency of grant writing and funder communications through the development of tools, resources, and training.
- You will draft and submit proposals, reports, and letters of intent by collating narrative pieces from existing sources, drafting original content, and collaborating with internal teams to source required information.
- You will identify relevant funding opportunities by searching for grants and other funding opportunities that align with Springboard’s mission; preparing research and mapping connections to relevant prospective funders; and, maintaining a pipeline to ensure philanthropic revenue targets are met each year.
- You will cultivate and nurture funder relationships by developing background research, messaging, and/or strategy that positions the Executive Director for success in every donor touchpoint.
- You will lead development operations by managing the development calendar to ensure timely submission of all written deliverables, planning and organizing funder site visits and events, strategizing and executing funder communication touchpoints, saving all funder-related documents according to conventions, acknowledging all gifts promptly, and logging all funder activity in our CRM (Salesforce).
- You will support team systems and growth by participating in initiatives that improve individual and team performance and contributing to team-wide tools, resources, playbooks, and training.
- Attention to Detail: You attend to detail and pursue quality in accomplishing all tasks.
- Planning & Organizing: You define tasks and milestones to achieve objectives while ensuring optimal use of resources to achieve those objectives.
- Relationship Building: You build constructive relationships characterized by a high degree of acceptance, cooperation, and mutual respect.
- Valuing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: You help create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Writing: You convey ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
- Experience working in a nonprofit development role that required both writing and managing donor relationships.
- Previous experience supporting and collaborating with a busy executive.
It would also be nice if you had:
- Proficiency in Salesforce and project management tools such as Asana
While this description is meant to provide an overview of the responsibilities of the [Associate Director, Development (West)], we are seeking candidates who demonstrate flexibility and can adapt to evolving needs in an entrepreneurial environment.What we offer you
Here are our compensation values: At Springboard, compensation equity is integral to the way we operate and our commitment to competitiveness, pay equity, performance-based rewards, transparent & equitable career growth, and progressive benefits.
Compensation for this role: Each role at Springboard is placed in a compensation band with 5 levels. Generally, we expect all candidates that meet the hiring criteria to be offered the midpoint of the band. This role sits within Band 4. The midpoint of this band is $93,215. The actual level of the successful candidate (and corresponding salary) will be based on compensable factors such as job-relevant education, job-relevant experience, training, licensure, demonstrated competencies, and other factors. You may also be eligible for Springboard's collective bonus program.
Our process to determine compensation: Springboard does not negotiate the offered salary during the offer conversation. Throughout the interview process, we will evaluate your alignment with the compensable factors listed in the job description. From there, we will determine your starting salary on a level within the job band.
At Springboard, we feel it is important to take care of our employees, which is why we offer a competitive benefits package. Some of these benefits include:
- The usual stuff. Medical insurance with a cash stipend for those who waive Springboard coverage. Options include PPO, High Deductible/HSA, and EPO. Health Savings Accounts are available for our high deductible plan.
- We’ll take care of it. We fully cover your vision & dental insurance premium, plus your short & long-term disability coverage.
- Securing your future. We’ll match up to 6% of your salary in 403(b) retirement contributions (or student loan payments!) after your first six months at Springboard.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) is important. Four weeks annually—we’ll prorate it from the date of your hire. At Springboard, time off isn’t earned. Everyone gets access to their time at the start of the calendar year.
- More PTO! All eleven federal holidays, including Juneteenth, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, and Martin Luther King Jr. Day, plus two extra floating holidays. If a holiday occurs over the weekend, we take off during the week. Election Day. YOUR. BIRTHDAY.
- Paid leave. Parental Leave (12 weeks after the first six months of employment). Marriage leave (five days). We also cover short- and long-term disability insurance at no additional cost to our staff.
- Under the weather? We don’t cap the number of sick days available to employees and have been providing extra PTO during COVID surges.
- Forget your phone bill. We know using your cell phone for work is inevitable, so we cover $100 of your bill each month.
- Technology support. All employees receive a Springboard laptop, an annual technology allowance, and a one-time remote work set-up allowance.
- Your wellness is a priority. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support for stress/anxiety, finance, law, family, substance abuse, grief, and more. We also provide a generous personal and professional development allotment to help employees bring their best selves to work.
We are committed to your development.
- We provide generous professional development funding.
- Regular opportunities to meet with colleagues to discuss individual and organizational development as well as our commitment to equity.
- Consistent structured and real-time feedback is foundational to Springboard’...
AddressLos Angeles, CA90079 USA
TechnologyView all jobs at Springboard Collaborative