General Manager - SpringHill Suites
- Posted: 29 days ago
- $135,000 to $140,000 Yearly
M&R Hotel Management is currently looking for a General Manager for SpringHill Suites in New York City. This person will administer, direct, and control the operations of the Hotel. They will be accountable for achieving budgeted revenues/profits while maintaining the operational and service standards prescribed by M&R Hotel Management
- If available, trains associates in the various departments how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities while in accordance with established objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Keep "open communication" between managers and associates.
- Has full knowledge and understanding of our company's handbook, SOP's and processes; Adheres to and enforces those in a fair and consistent manner.
- Strict adherence and enforcement of our code of business conduct. Provides disciplinary action when, and/or, if necessary.
- Provides associates with the tools they need to perform their jobs. Takes immediate action on problems that are encountered in the Hotel.
- Participates in and conducts Weekly Leadership Team meetings, property MOD program, and weekly staff meetings. Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Ensures the proper recruiting, interviewing, screening, reference checking, and hiring procedures are followed.
- Ensures accurate records of necessary federal, state, and local reports as required by the applicable laws, franchise SOPs, and M&R SOPs.
- Ensures accurate records and reports all OSHA information required by law.
- Responsible for generating annual hotel budget and monitors period profit and loss statement. Monitors department salary and hourly wage structure.
- Interviews and hires new personnel as the last interview in the process. Evaluates assigned staff performance on a ninety-day, and annual basis.
- Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the M&R Hotel Management. Learns understands and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures Follow safety and security procedures and rules.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Project enthusiastic, optimistic, and helpful attitude.
- Assist other Leadership Team members and/or managers when needed.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Hotel Management Handbook.
- Monitor service trends by speaking with guests and reviewing written guest comment cards and guest tracking information to ensure brand and M&R Hotel Management service standards are achieved.
- Resolve all service issues via written communication or phone calls to the complete satisfaction of hotel customers.
- Recognize associates for demonstrating outstanding service initiative with guests and fellow associates. Ensures Manager follows up on billing problems.
- Understand competitive market conditions and communicate this information with the Director of Sales and Revenue
- Participate in developing the hotel's direct sales plan/pricing strategy. Ensure group-meeting arrangements are completed and executed.
- Investigate lost or turndown business.
- Represent the hotel in the market and develop relationships with key accounts. Review inventory control and selling strategy daily.
- Oversee comp rooms and charity donations inquiries. Ensure budgeted revenues and profits are achieved. Ensure accounting policies are in place.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Ensure meal service meets proper food handling sanitation requirements.
- Responsible for sanitation standards via monthly inspections of guest rooms, public areas, grounds, storage/work areas, and all kitchen areas.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance programs are completed on schedule and meet brand and M&R Hotel Management quality standards.
- Responsible for management systems - i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and restaurant micros system.
- Assist Chief Engineer by planning redo projects; determine the recommended scope for work outside of the general redo; resolve redo-related problems with Chief Engineer.
- Assist in the development of requests and budgets for CAPEX; complete MSR's; ensure CAPEX projects have proper authorization.
- Review invoices for major projects; resolve problems as necessary.
- Solicit and review bids for improvement projects; secure approval of funds.
- Work to resolve legal issues related to the standard warranty process for building damage.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Employee Handbook Perform other duties as assigned by management, of which employee is capable of performing*
- 5+ years experience as a General Manager required
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration, or a related field is highly preferred.
- Marriott Brand FULL-SERVICE experience is highly preferred.
- NYC Market experience is highly preferred.
- FSD Certification highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English.
- This job requires the ability to perform the following: Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.; carrying, lifting pushing, and/or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees, and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivation, organizational and training abilities are used often.
SpringHill Suites 46th Street
AddressNew York, NY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?