General Manager - SpringHill Suites
SpringHill Suites 46th Street
New York, NY
- Expired: March 01, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Manager - SpringHill Suites (Opening June 2023)
M&R Hotel Management is currently looking for a General Manager for SpringHill Suites in New York City. This person will administer, direct, and control the operations of the Hotel. They will be accountable for achieving budgeted revenues/profits while maintaining the operational and service standards prescribed by M&R Hotel Management
- If available, trains associates in the various departments how to perform their job duties to the best of their abilities while in accordance with established objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Keep "open communication" between managers and associates.
- Has full knowledge and understanding of our company's handbook, SOP's and processes; Adheres to and enforces those in a fair and consistent manner.
- Strict adherence and enforcement of our code of business conduct. Provides disciplinary action when, and/or, if necessary.
- Provides associates with the tools they need to perform their jobs. Takes immediate action on problems that are encountered in the Hotel.
- Participates in and conducts Weekly Leadership Team meetings, property MOD program, and weekly staff meetings. Promote teamwork and associate morale.
- Ensures the proper recruiting, interviewing, screening, reference checking, and hiring procedures are followed.
- Ensures accurate records of necessary federal, state, and local reports as required by the applicable laws, franchise SOPs, and M&R SOPs.
- Ensures accurate records and reports all OSHA information required by law.
- Responsible for generating annual hotel budget and monitors period profit and loss statement. Monitors department salary and hourly wage structure.
- Interviews and hires new personnel as the last interview in the process. Evaluates assigned staff performance on a ninety-day, and annual basis.
- Conducts self to reflect the high standards of professionalism within the M&R Hotel Management. Learns understands and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures Follow safety and security procedures and rules.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Project enthusiastic, optimistic, and helpful attitude.
- Assist other Leadership Team members and/or managers when needed.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Hotel Management Handbook.
- Monitor service trends by speaking with guests and reviewing written guest comment cards and guest tracking information to ensure brand and M&R Hotel Management service standards are achieved.
- Resolve all service issues via written communication or phone calls to the complete satisfaction of hotel customers.
- Recognize associates for demonstrating outstanding service initiative with guests and fellow associates. Ensures Manager follows up on billing problems.
- Understand competitive market conditions and communicate this information with the Director of Sales and Revenue
- Participate in developing the hotel's direct sales plan/pricing strategy. Ensure group-meeting arrangements are completed and executed.
- Investigate lost or turndown business.
- Represent the hotel in the market and develop relationships with key accounts. Review inventory control and selling strategy daily.
- Oversee comp rooms and charity donations inquiries. Ensure budgeted revenues and profits are achieved. Ensure accounting policies are in place.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Ensure meal service meets proper food handling sanitation requirements.
- Responsible for sanitation standards via monthly inspections of guest rooms, public areas, grounds, storage/work areas, and all kitchen areas.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance programs are completed on schedule and meet brand and M&R Hotel Management quality standards.
- Responsible for management systems - i.e. accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and restaurant micros system.
- Assist Chief Engineer by planning redo projects; determine the recommended scope for work outside of the general redo; resolve redo-related problems with Chief Engineer.
- Assist in the development of requests and budgets for CAPEX; complete MSR's; ensure CAPEX projects have proper authorization.
- Review invoices for major projects; resolve problems as necessary.
- Solicit and review bids for improvement projects; secure approval of funds.
- Work to resolve legal issues related to the standard warranty process for building damage.
- Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the M&R Employee Handbook Perform other duties as assigned by management, of which employee is capable of performing*
- 5+ years experience as a General Manager required
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration, or a related field is highly preferred.
- Marriott Brand FULL-SERVICE experience is highly preferred.
- NYC Market experience is highly preferred.
- FSD Certification highly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English.
- This job requires the ability to perform the following: Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.; carrying, lifting pushing, and/or pulling items weighing up to 50 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees, and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivation, organizational and training abilities are used often.
SpringHill Suites 46th Street
AddressNew York, NY
Get fresh Assistant Hotel General Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.