Medication Technician- Brand New Community - IMMEDIATE HIRE
Spring Arbor by HHHunt Fredericksburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
IMMEDIATE HIRE! HIRING for ALL SHIFTS. POSITIONS START FEBRUARY 1, 2021.
BRAND NEW COMMUNITY – SPRING ARBOR COTTAGE OF FREDERICKSBURG – OPENING FEBRUARY 2021
Spring Arbor Cottage of Fredericksburg is seeking qualified team members to join our care team. As we continue to live through the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to our team member’s safety is our top priority. We have the highest safety protocols in place to protect both our teams and our residents. We are looking for passionate, caring people who want to make a difference in the lives of our residents. Come join our amazing care team! We are looking for compassionate, dedicated people who want to make a difference in the lives of our residents. Work with us here at our newest community, Spring Arbor Cottage of Fredericksburg.
Spring Arbor Senior Living is seeking Med Techs to be responsible for managing the medication administration program in accordance with state regulations. The Med Tech directs Resident Assistants (RAs) and helps coordinate services for residents under the direction of the Resident Care Director. The Med Tech should develop positive relationships with employees, families, and residents on behalf of the Community and HHHunt. Must be 21 years of age and show a genuine concern for and strong interest in working with seniors.
- Document and review medication administration
- Refer to residents’ charts and administer medications according to physician’s orders
- Ensure that medications are being administered at appropriate times
- Perform and document blood sugar monitoring and administration of insulin per physician’s orders
- Conduct controlled drug count at the beginning and end of shift
- Order residents’ medications in a timely manner
- Transcribe and carry out physician’s orders adhering to policies and procedures
- Communicate with physicians and other medical professionals regarding residents’ medications, treatments, and/or therapies
Personal Care, Nursing and Service Functions
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADLs), including bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, positioning, transfer, mobility and incontinence care
- Prepare residents for meals, snacks and activities
- Assist residents in dining room including serving meals and clearing tables
- Respond to resident emergency call system
- Observe, document, and report to RCC any changes in residents’ conditions
- Communicate with residents and family members in a polite, professional manner
- Maintain required resident care documentation per State regulations and HHHunt Policies and Procedures
- Transport residents when required
Light Cleaning Functions
- Assist housekeeping in maintaining resident rooms, offices and common areas ensuring rooms are safe, comfortable, attractive and orderly.
- Assist with laundry when needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Pleasant, friendly, and helpful at all times ensuring proper and timely service
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude at all times
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions
- Ability to exercise confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines
- Ability to delegate responsibilities when necessary
- High school diploma, or equivalent required
- Must be at least 21 years old, unless prior approval from Regional Director
- Prior management experience in a similar work environment preferred
- CNA Certification preferred (may be required in some states)
- Must have and maintain CPR, First Aid, and State-specific Med Tech certifications, and State Board of Nursing licensure if applicable
- Familiarity with symptoms and behaviors of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Ability to work in an environment conducive to caring for seniors without posing a substantial safety or health threat to self or others
While other companies just build places to live, at HHHunt we build a better way of life. HHHunt has continued to build on its successes and is now a recognized leader in senior living with communities throughout Virginia, North Carolina, and Maryland. It is HHHunt’s mission to improve the world and how people live by creating meaningful experiences and places of great distinction.
As a progressive organization meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, in addition to the standard competitive benefits package we also offer 10 paid holidays as well as a paid birthday off, adoption benefits, excellent health care benefits, HHHunt rental discounts, and education assistance-to name just a few. To learn more about this exciting opportunity to join a great organization, visit www.hhhunt.com and discover for yourself why we believe, it’s how you live that matters
HHHunt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.