Junior Data Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sprezzatura seeks a Junior Data Analyst to join our expanding team. The Junior Data Analyst is responsible for analyzing the vendor performance against business processes. The goal of business process analysis is to understand and document current issues found in the data through extensive analyses, then present the data to MDEO in a form that allows for follow-up with the required remediation. The Junior Data Analyst shall have 2 years of experience or more in analyzing complex business processes, preferably within the VA domain.
- Develop and maintain dashboards, independently built from VA and maintained by the Vendor, to summarize the MDE Vendor performance for VBA leadership and MDEO in addition to providing detailed reports.
- Present data associated with the VBMS EMS transactions to determine MDE Vendor performance metrics.
- Perform analyses on the MDE data and compare against the performance metrics set forth in the MDE Vendor contracts.
- Create complex queries (e.g., Standard Query Language (SQL)) in order to analyze and create reports, charts, and dashboards using business intelligence tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Power BI, SQL Server, Tableau, Python, and Microsoft (MS) suite of software (to include Excel and Access).
- Work with MDE Vendors and the MDEO to assist in data validation and causal analyses.
- Present findings, analyze data trends, and compile recommendations on process adjustments or other areas for improvement. Unexpected or incorrect data discovered during analyses shall be identified and reported to the VA.
- Identify trends for MDE vendors, regions/districts, regional office
- Identify any potential issues that impact or risk data accuracy or delivery of examinations, and source of the potential issue (e.g., MDE Vendor System, OBIEE/Power BI/Python, or VBMS EMS data – or user issues)
- Identify data anomalies, presented in a manner that can be verified and presented to other organizations that are required to support resolution
- Identify suggested enhancements concerning data/processes that would potentially improve MDE Vendor performance
- Identify root cause analyses for issues affecting MDE Vendor performance or data anomalies
- Help Project Manager to compile methodology, findings, data points, root cause analyses, and recommendations to the customer in a single written monthly report.
- Analyze and validate that each MDE Vendor is following the required technical specifications.
- Compile detailed MDE vendor-specific issue reports to identify the issues along with evidence to prove the MDE vendor is not following the guidance, to include identification of what component of the specification or guidance documentation is not being followed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience is required.
- Must have experience creating and working with SQL
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Experience with analyzing data to find trends, risks, issues, etc.
- Must be able to complete other assigned task
- A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Computer Science or a similar technical discipline.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must have exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Location: Washington, DC; part-time telework available
- Veteran Preference: Yes.
- Citizenship/Security: Must be a US Citizen or have a Green Card.
Transitioning military and/or Veterans with IT/IS, finance, and/or healthcare systems specialties are invited to apply. Sprezzatura is an equal opportunity employer and offers benefits including healthcare, vacation, and paid sick leave.
Sprezzatura Management Consulting, LLC (www.sprezzmc.com) is a Washington, DC-area Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) that enables transformation by supplying insight and leadership at the intersection of people, processes, and technology. We apply knowledge, project, and life cycle management best practices to catalyze change.
Sprezzatura Management Consulting
TechnologyView all jobs at Sprezzatura Management Consulting