We are looking for a dedicated Volunteer Grant Writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The Volunteer Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will collaborate with team members and Executive Director in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well (strong storytelling and creative writing skills), have an understanding of fundraising methods. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
This Grant Writer Internship position hours can vary depending on the activities on the budget and writing skills.
Information Related to The Job Description:
- The position is unpaid.
- If seeking credit or practicum hours, additional documents will be required.
- Research grant sources (government and private) compatible with Spreading My Wings Mission, values and programs in support of the agency’s strategic and program goals.
- Coordinate the development of grant requests by establishing timelines outlining tasks, assignments and deadlines.
- Draft and edit grant proposals, checking for completeness against grant instructions, spelling, grammar and style. Format agency budget to meet grant sources’ budget requirements.
- Help Develop grant budgets.
- Agency Culture
- Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Excellent organizational skills needed. Must be able to prioritize responsibilities properly and handle multiple tasks relating to concurrent grant and development projects.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Development to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
- Collaborating with the Director of Development to compile an annual report.
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work independently
- Detailed oriented
- Well-developed communication skills
- Written and verbal
Additional Preferred Qualifications and skills:
- Microsoft Office including: Excel, Publisher, Word
- Have an understanding of how to use with G-suits: Google products
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer-service orientation
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.