About Spotlight Media:
"Spotlight Media, LLC is a North Dakota publishing company. Publications include Fargo Monthly, Fargo INC!, Bison Illustrated, Fargo by Fargo and Design & Living Magazine. The team manages the editorial process, design, distributions, sales, web, mobile platforms and more."
Our mission is to create exceptional platforms in media and to help strengthen, empower and celebrate our community. We are committed to our core values of Improvement, Quality, Attitude, Work Ethic and Appreciation.
Senior Sales Representative
This energetic and self-driven individual will work with business owners and marketing directors in the Fargo-Moorhead area. The ideal candidate has at least five years of proven business-to-business sales experience, with a preference in media sales. Candidate must be motivated, organized, goal-oriented and possess an outgoing personality and professional demeanor. A Spotlight Media Senior Sales Representative must be able to prospect, make cold calls and develop new business while managing existing account relationships. Basic computer skills are required. Detail-oriented and excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required. You must be able to thrive in an informal, collaborative and deadline-driven environment.
Note from Mike Dragosavich - CEO
"We are diversifying at Spotlight Media. This means as an employee who helps generate revenue to help us grow, there hasn't been a better opportunity in our company. We are much more than a magazine company that sells ads. We provide solutions to help companies grow. The role of Senior Sales Representative will focus on building relationships with our local business leaders by helping them through advertising, branding, marketing, and results. We have recently transitioned our business model to a performance tracking model and want any candidates for this position to strive in a highly accountable culture."
- Minimum of 5 years successful business-to-business sales experience.
- A demonstrated proficiency in marketing and cold call lead and sales generation.
- Strong sales negotiation skills.
- Professional demeanor, outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Media sales experience - across print, digital, and event sponsorship platforms.
- Experience working within a deadline-driven environment and a demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Actively prospect via phone to area businesses, and schedule in-person meetings, to identify and pursue new opportunities to expand Spotlight Media's client base through the sales of print/digital advertising and creative services.
- Strengthen relationships with existing Spotlight Media clients by identifying and fulfilling needs through a consultative sales approach.
- Maintain accurate contact management records of all activity in CRM system.
- Meet sales goals and key performance indicators.
- Strong proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Note: The salary is comprised of a base pay with performance-based commission.
- Medical Insurance (50% employer paid for employee)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (50% employer paid for employee)
- Vision Savings Pass (discount program)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% employer paid for employee)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Matching Charitable Donations
Notes: This position may require some hours outside of standard M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. It also requires travel in the Fargo area and occasionally outside of Fargo. Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation. Travel expenses and mileage are paid when travel is required.
No follow-up phone calls or emails please, we are honored and humbled that we typically receive an overwhelming response to job postings at Spotlight Media. We will contact candidates as soon as we are able.