Hospital is seeking 4 Neurosurgeons with expertise in complex spine, epilepsy, and vascular neurosurgery as well as general neurosurgery with an interest in trauma. They are seeking neurosurgeon(s) who are interested in having a robust clinical practice, teaching opportunities, program building, research and device development. They would join an already existing practice of six neurosurgeons which is a part of a rapidly growing comprehensive practice with divisions in neurosurgery, interventional neurology, neurocritical care and neurology.
The primary admitting hospital is is, a state of art, Level I Trauma Center and designated Primary Stroke Center. The system is offering support/protected time for basic science research interests, medical student and residency teaching opportunities as well as collaborations with engineering for device development.Hospital is a teaching hospital for numerous residency programs including general surgery, neurology and orthopedics. It offers many teaching opportunities with the primary goal of establishing a new neurosurgery residency program.
Hospital & Practice Highlights:
- Busy cranial and spine clinical practice opportunity with call cover
- Hospital currently runs 3-4 Block OR’ s with neuroteam coverage 5 days per week specifically for neurosurgery
- 20 bed Neuro-ICU with 24hr neurocritical care service
- Mid-level practitioner support
- Stryker and Stealth Navigation
- Varian TrueBeam
- 3T MRI
- Epic System for Electronic Medical Records
- Academic appointment School of Medicine
- Program building and leadership opportunities including the eventual development of a neurosurgery residency program Protected time for research including basic science, translational and clinical. New Neurosurgery lab at University with countless opportunities to do research and network with others
- Collaborative support from the Chair of Neurology & Brage Golding Distinguished Professor and Chair of Research in development of multi-disciplinary approach to patient care and cutting edge research
- Synergies with engineering department create opportunities in bioengineering, biomechanics and new instrument development
- Competitive compensation and relocation
Conveniently located within growth corridor with easy access to Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Dayton. Choose metro or rural living all within an easy commute. Amenities include state parks and other outdoor recreation areas, major and minor league baseball, professional football, museums, symphonies, several theater options, numerous dining and shopping opportunities
Spot On Recruiting, Inc.