IT Systems Engineer - MSP Client Projects
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Bored at your current IT job? Want to touch 300 different technologies? Not feeling appreciated for your dedication and expertise? Are you a self-motivated, self-managing professional looking to grow your career and skills? Do you enjoy fast-paced and evolving startup culture?
Spot Migration is a Managed IT Services company looking for a Systems Engineer to provide extraordinary IT services to our growing client base, primarily located in the Greater Chicago Metro. Our Engineers and Consultants enjoy the freedom of working with clients directly, scheduling their own appointments and managing their own schedules. We pride ourselves in coaching our employees on what it takes to be self-managing, and we give our employees the structure, knowledge and power necessary to accomplish this.
Our diverse client base will expose you to many different technologies and provide you with an incredible opportunity to grow professionally. If hired, you will provide systems administration, project management, consulting and support to multiple clients across the Greater Chicago area.
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for clients via phone, in person, or electronically
- Recommend hardware and software improvements
- Manage & Execute IT projects such as server upgrades & installations, Firewall configuration & installation
- Track customer issues and resolutions
· Minimum of at least 5 years real-world IT experience is required.
· Server OS and associated technologies - (Server 2008 +, Exchange 2010+, PowerShell, Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.)
· Strong understanding of DNS and how it affects network and servers
· Setup Remote Desktop Services setup (or equivalent, such as Terminal services)
· Office 365 Setup, troubleshooting and setup
· VMWare or Hyper-V troubleshooting and setup experience
· Next Generation Firewall (UTM) support and configuration (Sophos, Palo Alto, Fortinet, SonicWall, preferred.)
· Switch installation, configuration and troubleshooting with VLAN and QoS configuration.
· Wifi setup and troubleshooting
· Strong organizational and communications skills with project management capabilities.
· Assertive, customer-friendly and goal-driven attitude.
· Reliable personal transportation and a valid drivers license for use in traveling to clients' offices is essential.
· Project execution, installation, migration, configuration and troubleshooting
Office 365 Migrations, P2V Server Migrations, Network Upgrades, Firewall Upgrades, Active Directory Setup, Group Policy setup, Desktop Migrations, Application Deployments, 2FA Setup, SSO, and many other new technology implementations
PERKS (this list comes directly from our employees):
- We pay to train you on new, best-in-class technology
- Work with over 300 different technologies
- Work with many different clients
- Always working on the latest/greatest technologies (not that old crap)
- Never boring
- Very process driven, so you don't have to reinvent the wheel
- Challenging- lots of variety and work on multiple client accounts
- Learning Culture
- Empowerment of employees (you can set schedules with clients, projects, etc)
- Family like Culture
- Mentorship and easy access to our team when you need help (no red tape here)
- Regular performance reviews so we can help you reach your potential
- Stocked Fridge for Friday Happy Hour
- ALL the coffee you can drink!
- Fun people, no bureaucracy
Salary is commensurate with experience and skill set. This position does offer growth potential and advancement.
* Visa sponsorship is not available
* No Recruiting or Staffing agencies
Fun Facts about us:
We try to help our employees grow through training, and helping them with their own goals that they set.
We don't just do IT, We bring out the best version of companies through IT.
We swear because we're passionate about what we do
We have 2 home beer brewers that have made some excellent brews
Spot MigrationWhy Work Here?
We believe in being the best version of ourselves. Constant improvement & fun small business culture.
Spot Migration is an outsourced IT department for growing companies who can’t afford to be slowed down by IT issues. We service the Greater Chicago area. We have been named as one of the top 501 Managed IT Services providers worldwide 2 years in a row. We have a fast-paced, small business culture and we don't believe in stiff corporate attitudes. Fun Facts about us: We try to help our employees grow through training, and helping them with their own goals that they set. We don't just do IT, We bring out the best version of companies through IT. We swear because we're passionate about what we do We have 2 home beer brewers that have made some excellent brews
1400 E Touhy AveDes Plaines, IL
Get fresh Client Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.