Carrier Account Manager (November 2021)
- $40,000 to $55,000 Yearly
Spot was built on the belief that there is a better way to move freight, GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT TECHNOLOGY, and GREAT RELATIONSHIPS. We believe in keeping our promises, getting the little things right, and doing whatever it takes to ensure our customers’ freight arrives safely and on-time.
Spot is of the fastest growing companies in North America; consistently ranked on the Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies, IBJ’s Fast 25, and recently selected for Selling Power’s best companies to sell for 3 consecutive years. Since 2009, we’ve grown from two people in a small office to over 350 employees between our Indianapolis and Charlotte locations. And we won’t be stopping there. We have aggressive hiring goals and expansion plans for offices in multiple cities across the United States by 2023. We’re just getting started.
Our Carrier Account Managers focus on building relationships with our #1 customer -our carriers. They negotiate rates and terms of freight movement with the object of providing excellent customer service in an effort to grow business. A Carrier Account Manager utilities discretion and good judgment to manage and troubleshoot all aspects of freight movement.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: You will procure, negotiate, and secure carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner to meet the clients needs while establishing essential relationships
- CUSTOMER GROWTH: Provide consistent and exceptional service levels to carriers and internal customers to ensure pipeline growth to expand future capacity opportunities
- RELATIONSHIPS: Develop and grow carrier relationships through lead generation, cold-calling, and referrals.
- FREIGHT OPERATIONS: Effectively analyze carriers and freight market to best meet our customers’ freight needs. Work with Account Management to secure best viable options; calling carriers to get additional options and track when necessary
- RESULTS: Achieve and exceed monthly sales margin expectations, ensure carrier service levels and KPIs are met.
- COMMUNICATION: Proactively communicate with carriers and sales teams to fulfill commitments, exceed service expectations, and facilitate resolution of carrier problems with shipment/deliveries.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years sales experience in logistics industry preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet performance metrics
- Strong negotiation skills – persuasiveness, aggressiveness, confidence, resilient
- Organization and attention to detail
- Adaptability, multi-tasking ability, sense of urgency
- Team player who can connect with others but who can also produce independent results
Great Growth: Our fast-growing company allows you to create your own path. We hire people who are driven to succeed, and we back them up with the training and support that helps them grow.
Great People: Work in an inclusive culture with an engaged, energized team of people who are committed to a common vision of doing the little things right.
Great Technology: Red Technologies is a game-changing proprietary software that’s been designed and developed with our shippers, carriers, and drivers in mind.
Great Relationships: We are more than just a broker. Spot is dedicated to making sure every shipment, every customer, and every contract carrier is taken care of. That’s why, no matter what time or day, we're always available.
Great Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. Company paid STD and Life insurance. 401k with employer match and Paid Time Off. Modern, downtown office with a bowling alley and an on-site gym.
Spot Freight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Spot Freight is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to our Human Resources Department to notify us of your request. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Spot Freight IncIndianapolis, IN
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.