- Over a month ago
Spot was built on the belief that there is a better way to move freight; GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT TECHNOLOGY, and GREAT RELATIONSHIPS. We believe in keeping our promises, getting the little things right, and doing whatever it takes to ensure our customers’ freight arrives safely and on-time.
Spot is of the fastest growing companies in North America; consistently ranked on the Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies, IBJ’s Fast 25, and recently selected for Selling Power’s best companies to sell for 3 consecutive years. Since 2009, we’ve grown from two people in a small office to over 350 employees between our Indianapolis and Charlotte locations. And we won’t be stopping there. We have aggressive hiring goals and expansion plans for offices in multiple cities across the United States by 2023. We’re just getting started.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative tasks and other accounting functions for Accounts Receivable/Billing process. They provide timely and reliable financial and accounting results. These individuals are very detail-oriented, analytical, and put extra care into attention to detail.
- Reviewing and submitting invoices on various Transportation Management Systems.
- Reviewing and sending invoices to customers not on Transportation Management System.
- Assisting with distribution of customer statements.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining customer billing profiles.
- Processing of checks and/or ACH payments.
- Monitoring a billing email address and responding to customer inquiries.
- Ability to answer the phone and assist with A/R inquiries in a friendly and courteous manner.
- High school degree or GED required; Associates degree in Business or Accounting/Finance is preferred.
- 2+ years of A/R or billing experience; experience in a logistics or third-party organization is a bonus.
- A strong sense of urgency to complete tasks in order to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Great Growth: Our fast-growing company allows you to create your own path. We hire people who are driven to succeed, and we back them up with the training and support that helps them grow.
Great People: Work in an inclusive culture with an engaged, energized team of people who are committed to a common vision of doing the little things right.
Great Technology: Red Technologies is a game-changing proprietary software that’s been designed and developed with our shippers, carriers, and drivers in mind.
Great Relationships: We are more than just a broker. Spot is dedicated to making sure every shipment, every customer, and every contract carrier is taken care of. That’s why, no matter what time or day, we're always available.
Great Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. Company paid STD and Life insurance. 401k with employer match and Paid Time Off. Modern, uptown office.
Spot Freight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Spot Freight is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation, please contact our Human Resources team to notify us of your request. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Spot Freight Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Spot Freight Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?