Sportsman Boats Mfg. Summerville, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sportsman Boats continues unprecedented growth and we are now looking for an experienced Purchasing Agent. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high volume fast paced environment, marine manufacturing industry preferred.
Why Sportsman Boats? We have built an amazing culture based on commitment, dedication, professionalism, and kick butt results. Production quarterly bonuses are a reality for every employee. Together we succeed!
We offer very competitive benefits package and an opportunity for growth and development,
Take a look at Sportsman Boats at https://www.facebook.com/sportsmanboatscareersDuties/Responsibilities:
- Purchases goods and services according to the companys policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Evaluates vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Works with vendors to negotiate volume and cash transaction discounts, and other available discounts.
- Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelors degree in related field highly preferred.
- At least two years of purchasing experience in high volume environment required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine purchasing needs.
Powered by JazzHR
Sportsman Boats Mfg.
BusinessView all jobs at Sportsman Boats Mfg.