We are looking for a competent Collection Specialist to contact clients and collect outstanding payments. You will struck a balance between maintaining trustful relationships, and ensuring timely payments. Our Collection Specialist should exhibit professionalism and trustworthiness. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to work independently.
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts
- Investigate historical data for each debt or bill
- Find and contact clients to ask about their overdue payments
- Take actions to encourage timely debt payments
- Process payments and refunds
- Resolve billing and customer credit issues
- Update account status records and collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Open new Legal Referrals
- Download all corresponding documents from client systems
- Review referrals for all necessary information and documents according to client/court/judge requirements in order to proceed with the file
- Request and follow up on any missing information or documents necessary to proceed with the file
- Forward complete files to appropriate department/attorney to ensure appropriate and timely handling of file
- Evaluates, analyzes, prepares, files, records, issues, retrieves, transports and scans all court documents.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of documents and data.
- Other Duties assigned by management
- Proven experience as a Collection Specialist or similar role
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation
- Problem-solving skills
- High school diploma; Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree is a plus
Must be able to work Saturdays and 11:00am-8:00pm Shift.