Sport Court Midwest is expanding with the addition of a new Court Installation Technician. This is an incredible opportunity to join the largest court builder in the Midwest – one of Chicagoland’s most exciting companies.
As part of our operations team, you will be installing backyard and commercial sport courts including multi-use, basketball, tennis, bocce ball, and many other courts we build every day. If you love sports and have a general construction background, you will love this job!
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Installation of residential and commercial sport courts from start to finish including cutting & snapping tiles and other athletic surfaces; assembling and installing hoops; hanging wall pads.
- Manage completion timelines & equipment requirements.
- Work with supervisor to ensure the finished court meets expectations & the scope of work has been fulfilled.
- Work with supervisor to resolve any pertinent or potential site issues.
- Ensure that Pre-trip and Post-trip vehicle inspections are completed.
- Actively comply with all safety requirements
- Order materials as needed for the job
- This role involves local travel (Chicagoland Illinois & northwest Indiana)
Qualifications & Skills
- General construction experience, such as flooring or carpet, is preferred
- The position is highly physical and requires lifting of up to 70 pounds.
- The ideal candidate has a sports background and/or sports knowledge
- Must have a clear understanding of job-site safety.
- Must be organized with great time management skills.
- Works well under pressure; ability to handle fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment.
- Strong work ethic and belief in personal accountability.
- This position will receive training and support to learn Sport Court products, process, installation, and habits for long term success.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and clean driving record.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Compensation: Compensation based on experience and skillset. $15-$20/hr
- Benefits: Benefits package includes health insurance, 401K plan, and PTO.
- Schedule: Flexible work hours during busy seasons can include some early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.