Seasonal Operations Staff
Spoonflower, Inc Durham, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their artwork, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern and personalization. At Spoonflower, creativity, customer-focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody -- like our customers -- a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, support of continuing education, the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company, and a dynamic and flexible company culture.
Spoonflower is looking to add Seasonal Operations Staff members to our operations team.
The role of the Seasonal Operations Staff is to serve Spoonflower’s community of designers, sewists, and fabric lovers as a member of the Floor Operations team. This position is responsible for one or more of the basic floor operations tasks at Spoonflower: cutting, sorting, and shipping orders, as well as helping to monitor and maintain quality at each step. The Seasonal Operations Staff position reports directly to their training coordinators, and ultimately to the supervisors and managers within the Floor Operations department of Spoonflower.
Participate in one or more of the basic Floor Operations tasks including:
- Cutting fabric or wallpaper products and neatly preparing items for shipping.
- Scanning, sorting, and routing cut order items to their proper locations.
- Shipping finished products to customers and routing shipped packages to their proper pickup location.
- Other projects and responsibilities that may be added at the company’s discretion.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality.
- Understanding the expectations and needs of Spoonflower customers.
Perform the job duties for a Seasonal Operations Staff member in a factory environment that is regulated by OSHA standards and monitored to maintain a safe working environment for all employees, and includes:
- The ability to work in warm temperatures within the OSHA threshold.
- Exposure to inks that contain synthetic latex and the ability to work with products printed with synthetic latex inks.
- The ability to work in an environment with machine and factory noise, either constant or intermittent, within OSHA safety thresholds.
- Ability to work in dusty conditions, which are a natural result of working with fabric fibers.
- The ability to withstand potentially strong or unpleasant factory smells which may include fabric, ink, solvent-based glue, and others.
- Exposure to designs that you may consider offensive.
Is able to accomplish essential job functions with the following physical capabilities:
- Finger dexterity to cut fabric safely using handheld rotary cutters.
- Lift approximately 50 lbs in assistance of loading, unloading and rolls of fabric or paper.
- Able to stand or sit for prolonged periods as well as bend, pull, push, balance, kneel, twist, stand, sit and climb stairs intermittently during the day.
- May be necessary to work extended hours as needed.
- Visual acuity in order to identify and review print quality issues related to color and fine print detail.
Education and Training Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy for operation of our internal and shipping software, and admin functions using Ipads and computers.
- Must be able to work five 8-hour days for a total of 37.75 hours per week on either first shift (7:15 am - 3:00 pm) or second shift (3:15 pm - 11:00 pm).
- Weekend shifts are required. The ideal schedule is Friday - Thursday either 1st or 2nd shift but at least one weekend day is required.
- Because Spoonflower runs with 24-hour operations, employees are required to work the schedule agreed upon with their supervisor, which may be during 2nd shift hours and/or weekends.
- Employees must be able to flex up and work more hours during times of heavy order flow, or flex down and work less hours during slow business periods.
*Priority will be given to applicants who have taken precautionary measures to protect themselves and others against COVID-19.
**This position is a seasonal position. The opportunity to move into a full-time regular employment will be based on performance and behavior in the job in the seasonal capacity.
If you're interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To qualify for employment at Spoonflower, Inc., applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Spoonflower is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, or any legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulation or ordinances.
3771 S. Alston AveDurham, NC
BusinessView all jobs at Spoonflower, Inc