Spoonflower, Inc Durham, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Spoonflower’s mission is to inspire individuals to make, buy and sell unique products built around color and pattern. Our e-commerce website makes it possible for individuals to create, sell, and shop for unique fabrics, wallpaper and home decor, such as bedding and table linens. Many of the designers who use Spoonflower to create products also use it to sell their artwork, making Spoonflower the world’s largest marketplace of surface designs. The community of designers and shoppers who make up Spoonflower is central to what we do. Our goal is to continue to expand the reach of Spoonflower’s services internationally, and, more generally, to expand the opportunities available for individuals to express themselves through color, pattern, and personalization. At Spoonflower, creativity, customer focus, resourcefulness, authenticity, fun, and trust are the core values of our workplace. Our team is full of creative, multitalented individuals who embody -- like our customers -- a DIY ethic and an embrace of hard work. We offer team members competitive benefits, support of continuing education, the chance to learn new skills and to move within the company, and a dynamic and flexible company culture.
We are seeking to add Machine Operators to our team.
The role of the Machine Operator is to serve Spoonflower’s community of designers, sewists, and fabric lovers as a member of the Natural Fiber or Poly/Paper production team. This position is responsible for the basic aspects of fabric and wallpaper production at Spoonflower.
- Cutting, folding, and processing fabric, either through team production or offline cutting.
- Operating cutting and/or rolling equipment in the production of printed wallpaper rolls.
- Assisting printer operators with shift prep and shutdown, and loading and unloading rolls and cores.
- Assisting printer operators with Q/A and loading and unloading rolls and cores.
- Operating large format printers to print rolls of wallpaper and fabric.
- Assisting digital cutting machine operators with Q/A, doffing, item sorting, and loading rolls.
- Operating a digital flatbed cutting machine to cut fabric and home decor order items.
- Transporting fabric cores, rolls, and cut items throughout the factory.
- Sublimating rolls of printed paper onto polyester fabric using large format heating machines.
- Cutting, rolling, sorting, cubbying, and packaging wallpaper items.
- Cubbying, and shipping all Spoonflower items directly to customers.
- Correctly routing both wallpaper and fabric orders to the shipping area.
- Correctly routing fabric items to the cubby area as needed.
- Maintaining printers, cutting equipment, and rolling equipment used in the production process.
- Managing the queues of orders to ensure that all items are cut in a timely and efficient manner.
- Quality assurance of all the products produced, understanding the expectations and needs of Spoonflower customers.
- Meeting efficiency goals over an average in production.
- Attending and participating in team huddles and meetings.
- Keeping up to date on all standard operating procedures, updates, and top issues in the assigned zone by reading email.
- Reporting issues affecting production through the proper channels.
- Troubleshooting basic production problems.
- Reporting directly to and giving feedback to supervisors and Shift Managers
Education and Training Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy for operation of our internal and shipping software, and admin functions using Ipads and computers.
- Must be able to work five 8-hour days for a total of 37.75 hours per week on either first shift (7:15 am - 3:00 pm) or second shift (3:15 pm - 11:00 pm).
- Weekend shifts are required. The ideal schedule is Friday - Thursday either 1st or 2nd shift but at least one weekend day is required.
- Because Spoonflower runs with 24-hour operations, employees are required to work the schedule agreed upon with their supervisor, which may be during 2nd shift hours and/or weekends.
- Employees must be able to flex up and work more hours during times of heavy order flow, or flex down and work less hours during slow business periods.
*Priority will be given to applicants who have taken precautionary measures to protect themselves and others against COVID-19.
If you're interested in joining Spoonflower, please send a cover letter, telling us what inspires you about Spoonflower and why you think you are perfect for our team. We are as interested in knowing who you are as we are in knowing what you can do. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We have a trove of talented individuals in the Durham and RTP areas. Therefore, only local candidates will be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To qualify for employment at Spoonflower, Inc., applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. Spoonflower is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, or any legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulation or ordinances.
3871 S. Alston AveDurham, NC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Spoonflower, Inc